[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best laptop for design & gaming on the market

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: spectre-x360-new-inside3[1].jpg (30KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
spectre-x360-new-inside3[1].jpg
30KB, 600x417px
What's the best laptop for design & gaming on the market or upcoming?

It pisses me off that there's no perfect combination on the market right now.

I want long battery, a good screen, pen support, VR ready GPU.
Was eyeing the XPS 15 9560, but it doesn't have a good enough GPU. Hell, it doesn't even have pen support. What's the point of that stupid ass 4K touchscreen if it can't even bend.
The HP Spectre x360 is sexy as fuck, but again, shit GPU and I heard they're pretty prone to technical failures.

Help me /g/, you're my only hope
>>
>>59999289
If you want a decent gaming laptop, you're not going to want those thin ultrabooks. You need one of the beefier laptops.
Even if an ultra book comes with like a 1070m, it'll be underclocked to hell because of thermals, and mobile gpus are already underclocked to their desktop counterparts
>>
>>59999289
>/g/, you're my only hope
Well, you're pretty much screwed...
>>
>laptop for gayming
wut
>>
>laptop
>pen support and gaming
either or in the current market
also you will want good pen support with depth sensing so you don't want to cheap out
Also why VR on a laptop (mixed with a touchscreen no less)? How much of a normie are you?
>>
>>59999362
He's probably looking for casual design.
No one who is seriously into it wouldn't settle for the lack of fidelity on a laptop touchscreen
>>
>>59999289
lenovo yoga 720
>>
>>60000133
>lenovo yoga 720

Heard screen is dogshit
>>
File: file.png (166KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
166KB, 431x431px
>>59999289
>laptop for design & gaming
>laptop for
>gaming
>>
>>59999321
Is this bait? There is no 1070m
>>
>>59999289
Aorus X7
>>
>>59999289
That Spectre you posted is the 13" model, which is honestly the better product and the better deal, but has no GPU (get an egpu? It has thunderbolt 3)
>>
>>59999289
faggot
>>
>>60001087
do aorus still have sponge-tier keyboards?

can't stand the one on the X3 that work gave me
>>
>>60001063
No, you are just a fucking retard that can't read.
>>
>>59999289
Look into Gigabyte laptops.
If you want a small gaming laptop, be ready to pay a lot and be ready for it to get hot.

I'm planning to get something that's portable but powerful. I used to want the Gigabyte Aero 14, but after is got one for an employee, it kind of looks and feels like crap.

Right now the best bet for me seems like the Razer Blade 14, but it costs so fucking much.

Well. Actually the best ones for me would be the Gigabyte P34G V7 or P34K R7, cause I won't need anything above GTX 1050 and a fullHD 14" screen, but so far I only see those in Australia and the UK.
>>
Alienware 13 no joke

it's actually good if you can get over the looks
>>
>>60001810

I don't want a spaceship. I wanna travel and work.

>>60001748

If I wanted a 1050 I would get an XPS 15.

>>59999362
>>59999652

I'm a professional designer / illustrator. I don't want to carry both a laptop and a graphic tablet.
>>
>>60002991
>I don't want to carry both
Are you fucking serious? You're going for a shit-tier ultrabook with the cheapest digitizer n-trig has to offer just so you don't have to carry another 6mm-thin pad in your laptop bag?
As I'm sure you've never used a drawing pad before, let me tell you now it's a painful and inconvenient experience using a glasstop tablet with a generic "touch"-oriented digitizer, likely with bad parallax from both shit hardware and giant normie-friendly thick screens
Get an ultrabook AND a real dedicated drawing pad, it'll literally be better than some hybrid shittop and cheaper
I mean shit, I have the digitizer Spectre myself and even I wouldn't think of using it for actual drawing, I have a thin Wacom pad that I usually forget is in my laptop sleeve
>>
What's with these gayman laptop threads
>>
I have a xmg with a 1060, I like it and it performs better than the benchmarks I see on 1060. But I'm not an expert, so it's just a novice advice
>>
>>60002991
I said look into those laptop you fucking moron.
Google it cunt.

Aero 14 comes with 1060
And that's the best of the 14" line.

If you want a 15.6" laptop there are options up to 1070.
And those are the ones that are still at around 21mm thickness.
Google P35x v7 and v6
>>
>VR ready GPU
>Long battery
In your dreams
>>
>>59999289
>I want long battery
>a good screen
>pen support
>VR ready GPU

virtually non-existent, op. Just about all gayman laptops lack AT LEAST one feature you desire. Most common one is the pen support.

Better off biting the bullet and just getting any decent gayman laptop out there and just use a separate pen/tablet

>I'm a professional designer / illustrator. I don't want to carry both a laptop and a graphic tablet.
just deal with carrying both. no way you will even get professional quality work done on any laptops with pen support vs a pen/tablet.

>I don't want a spaceship.
dude, most of these companies design their gayman laptops to look like spaceships because that's what the target audience if these types of laptops want.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.