[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soo, /g/ Whats the avarage lifespan of a intel i5 2° gen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Soo, /g/

Whats the avarage lifespan of a intel i5 2° gen?

Mine is starting to overheat even with the most simple games.
>>
>>59994400
Replace thermal paste, clean the fans and heatsink. CPUs, like RAM, can easily last for 10-20 years if you do not let them overheat.
>>
>>59994414
Listen to this guy. Also what cooling solution are you using?
>>59994400
>>
>>59994510
Just the included CPU fan + 1 more in the back of the chasis.

Changed and cleaned the fan like 1 month ago, and still happening.
>>
>>59994524
You could try getting a new better cooler that would help
>>
>>59994524
Swap to an aftermarket cooler, especially if you are OCing.
>>
>>59994524
Even though I believe you shouldn't need to do this, your best option is to go with an aftermarket heatsink. Water-cooling is a great investment in the long run if you plan on overclocking, which most people on g advise against. If you just want it to be cool you can look into a hyper 212 evo. It goes for 30-40 bucks, well worth the investment.

On a side not it might just be the lack of airflow in the case
>>
>>59994400
my 3rd gen i5 3200m struggles to play papers please or brutal doom so they are pretty bad at this point
>>
Story time /g/
My first build for a computer used an fx 8350. I used the stock heatsink+fan combo. It idled at 40-50 celsius. When playing games it would easily hit 65 and often pushed seventy. Great times /g/.

I ended up finally investing in a proper aftermarket heatsink and when I went to replace it, I found the processor to be melted to the heatsink.
>>
>>59994588
I hope you took a picture
>>
File: 4946456.jpg (23KB, 310x322px) Image search: [Google]
4946456.jpg
23KB, 310x322px
/g/ actually being helpful. Oh my

I dont OC for obvious reasons, but ill take the advice and get a better heatsink.
>>
Hardware doesn't deteriorate, these aren't oil and gas machines that gum up
>>
>>59994854
The fuck?
>not oiling up your connectors
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.