[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spend hours to get nvidia driver working with optimus >finally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1441378700006.png (264KB, 608x527px) Image search: [Google]
1441378700006.png
264KB, 608x527px
>spend hours to get nvidia driver working with optimus
>finally get it to work
>X freezes in a seconds after login
year of the linux desktop
>>
>>59985481
A "Linux Desktop" would only be possible if the kernel, Linux, would develop into a complete operating system, inclusive desktop enviroment.
>>
>gaymen laptop
You did this to yourself, retard
>>
>>59985504
Precisely. The "Linux distrust" contains GNU userland on top of Linux, making the whole operating system consist of two seperate entities. Unlike the cuck lisenses such as Apache(TM) or BSD, GPL requires the end user to not claim the work of distributed network of open-source software developers, so in a sense, calling GNU/Linux distributions just "Linux" goes against the GPL itself. Therefore, "Linux distributions" should be called GNU/Linux distributions instead.
>>
>>59985504
But for that to exist, and be free, there would have to be a full operating system, ecosystem with coretools which were free and open source. Does the Linux kernel offer those things?
>>
>>59985481
i simply disabled the intel card and use the nvidia card at every time. and this safes actually battery because my fans stopped spinning bc some of the heat is now at the gpu and not on the cpu, and the tempereture is constant on 54 Celsius
>>
>>59985481
>spend hours
there's your problem
you are a retard
>>
>>59985481
>meme distros
>>
>>59985643
you freetards never give up do you? Most people DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK about licensing, free as in freedom, and absolute control over an OS. Some people just want to get shit done without configuring a pile of shit in order to do so, some just want their expensive lump of plastic and metal to play games because its a valid way to relax/kill time. Do you faggots think you're a master race because you spend you're free time tweaking an OS to run the way 99% of users expect it to out of box?
>>
>>59986206
Yes, most of them don't give a flying fuck. This doesn't stop the cooperates from suing people over their shitty trademarks. There is whole industry called patent trolling. So yes, we will care and until we stop caring about it, we will protect our code and our cause.
>Do you faggots think you're a master race
As contrast of me sounding like a commie, I think the white race is superior to the black race.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.