[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Example listing: 1) MacBook with removed wireless card. 2) Router/access

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Example listing:

1) MacBook with removed wireless card.
2) Router/access point with openWRT or any other shit + openVPN
3) VPN Server.

Filter all outbound connections but one (to the VPN server). Never think of being a part of botnet again. Where am I wrong? MacBook would not be able to call home, yet I have full functionality.
>>
You need to explain all of this better.
So is the MacBook connecting over Ethernet now?
What is the job of the VPN server? Wouldn't you still allow for all traffic to pass through?

Also, good luck removing the wireless card of any recent MacBook.
>>
>>59983587
I expect macbook to call home, but it gets blocked. Like it cannot call home by calling my VPN server. While I safely surf from one allowed IP.
>>
>>59983626
So you're going to be implementing some kind of blocking to/from Apple servers?

I'm not sure if you understand what a VPN does.
>>
Just use LittleSnitch.
>>
>>59983649
VPN + firewall.
>>
>>59983374
Buy any laptop with linux and libreboot preinstalled. The router with openWRT is a good idea, buying a router compatible with LibreCMC is a better idea. Also you want to hire a VPN service if you are not sure what the VPN server is about.
>>
>>59983738
There's no point in fighting botnet there, where it is no botnet. And no modern software is compatible with libreboot, fag.
>>
>>59983795
>implying
>implying
>implying
fuck off fag
>>
>>59983877
>being this paranoid
>>
File: 1489492146621.png (202KB, 361x361px) Image search: [Google]
1489492146621.png
202KB, 361x361px
>>59983923
>>
>>59983731
The VPN doesn't help you in keeping the Mac from phoning home.
>>
>>59983950
>all but one outbound connections are filtered
>>
>>59984304
???
It doesn't matter; the Mac will just phone home through the VPN.
>>
>>59984341
But you don't put VPN client on mac, you put it on router.
>>
>>59984660
In which case, the Mac calls to the router, which then serves it to the vpn
>>
>>59984716
>mac calls the router
There's where you're wrong.
>>
>>59984735
There is a piece of equipment in your network that converts wan to Lan... You know what? Never mind, I'm not explaining. You're just too stupid to understand. You're not smarter than the three people in the thread telling you that it won't work, so you're probably not smart enough to even set openwrt to forward all traffic through a set port without making a loop that crashes the router.
>>
>>59983738
GNU/Linux*
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.