[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am trying to show my dad i can build a computer with 100-200$

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I am trying to show my dad i can build a computer with 100-200$ who can handle games just using used parts
Is it possible?
>>
why wouldn't it be possible? just find some crack addict to steal you the parts for $10 each
done.
>>
>>59982846
Well of course it is. First you define "games" as anything published before 2007 and you are good to go
>>
Of course, even my nokia was able to handle snake.
>>
>Dad this sure can be done! I can do it!
>Hey /g/ can it be done?
>>
>>59982846
>you'll never have a kawaii itoko
why live
>>
>>59982846
Yes, something from Q6600 era should be decent enough for most gayms. If you want a DX11 capable GPU, that's going to be more expensive though.
>>
>>59982858
Using eBay and nothing more
>>59982861
I don't want to run Witcher 3 only online multiplayer games mostly
>>
>buy cheap dell optiplex from ebay
>upgrade cpu to q6600
>fill all the ram slots with as much a ram as possible
>put a tiny 1050ti into it
>install wangblows 10 with media creation tool
Done
>>
>>59982911
Can i overclock with the optiplex mobos? Or at least do the delidded mod
>>
you can sometimes find sandy/ivy bridge mobos/cpu combos for about $100-150 odd on ebay but the rest of it is going to cost you, ram is never cheap, used psus are a deathtrap and never a good idea, cases are expensive as fuck to ship etc

(as far as individual components go, motherboards are far more rare than cpus because they tend to die first and you have socket/chipset considerations, it's easy to find a sandy/ivy bridge mobo/cpu on an overclocking chipset for instance but if you just want the mobo alone you'll pay about the same anyway)
>>
>>59983021
>Can i overclock with the optiplex mobos?

usually not

used small form factor/thin client thinkcentres are common as hell for more modern cpus but they have the same problem, shit chipsets intended for office drones
>>
>>59982861
>Well of course it is. First you define "games" as anything published before 2007 and you are good to go

you don't have to go that far, it's usually an issue of resolution not date the games were made

next to nobody was gaming on 1080p in 2006-2007 for instance but plenty of computers from that era will handle modern games in 720p ish
>>
get some used AMD APU and fm2+ board and fast ddr4
>>
You don't even need to go with everything used

>mfw I'm already seeing new 460's below 100€

Which means they should be $70-80 over there. Slap one in an used Dell Optiplex or similar and go to town
>>
Love Erio!
>>
File: speccy.png (91KB, 796x874px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
91KB, 796x874px
>>59982846
GTS 450 will run arma 3. And most other games.
t. I used to
>>
File: speccy mrk3.png (56KB, 606x580px) Image search: [Google]
speccy mrk3.png
56KB, 606x580px
>>59983314
Also what's up with the 2d hit with the 'upgrade' to a 1060?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.