[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So story time /g/ March 7th, I sent my gpu in to msi for rma,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 14-127-963-S99.jpg (115KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14-127-963-S99.jpg
115KB, 1280x960px
So story time /g/

March 7th, I sent my gpu in to msi for rma, it says 15 days, so I figure that it will be on its way back by the 27th, 28th at the worst
so the 28th rolls around with no word, no update, no fucking nothing, i contact them and get an email that can be taken as condescending or automated, I took it as condescending because of its tone.
day later my rma goes back in time from repair to arrived, I'm livid.
I contact again, not wanting to be on hold for 3 hours again because god knows id murder the closest person to me if they told me to use the online support after a fucking second 3 hour hold.
So this time I get a non robo response, this time not condescending, I get a call the next day telling me my options, it will take longer to ship back or I can take a 970 (I sent in a 280x)
I declined at the time.
So I'm told the gpu will go to the factory for repair, and it will be back by friday to them and they will expedite the shipping to me when it arrives, I am ok with this,
Its now 4 days after they said they would get it and ship it out, contact again, prompt response, another offer of the 970, I flatly tell them no on a 900 series nvidia card, and give them a list from the 290 to the 580 they can offer me on amds side, sans the 385 as its not better in some benchmarks better in others, overall wash, and I tell them on nvidia's side, the 1060 6gb or the 1070, the 1060 3gb actually performs worse then the gpu I sent in enough of the time to not consider it an option.
thinking of needing to wait longer pisses me the fuck off, but I get a prompt response, they offered the 1060 6gb
told them if possible, 480 8gb, if that's not possible ill take the 1060 6gb.

waiting on a response back now.
by the time any gpu could get here at the earliest, it will be nearly 2 months since I had to use a good enough to boot the computer gpu.

So /g/ you have any interesting rma stories?
>>
Right after I posted this, got an update, they are sending the 1060 6gb.
>>
>>59976083
sell the 1060 and buy rx 580
>>
>>59976041
>and I tell them on nvidia's side, the 1060 6gb

>they offered 1060 6GB

>im somehow pissed off by this

you fucking retard
>>
>>59976199
/thread
>>
>>59976241
I just told them the 970 is not an option as nvidia stops supporting old gpus almost immediately after the new generation comes out, and seeing the benches where nvidia did not optimize the driver for the 970 and it shits itself hard compared to the gpu I sent in.
So they went from offering me a 970 where I was pissed because between my 280x and a 970 i just want my 280x back, nearly 2 months of not having a gpu that can do anything but boot os, i gave them a list of gpus I would accept with the 1060 6gb as one.
They still pissed at this point because I'm thinking they are going to tell me pound sand, you will take the 970 or we will hold your gpu till you take the 970. then a prompt response, 'yea we can do the 1060 6gb'
I wrote back, 'If its an option between the two, would much rather have the 480 8gb then 1060, but if its not, then ill take the 1060'
I am still VERY fucking pissed about this whole experience, that I had to wait nearly 2 fucking months well over twice the time they said they would take if we just count business days, I am fucking livid about that and nothing will change it, but I am at least satisfied by the resolution.

>>59976199
Not going to lie, I did consider this.
Look, nvidia dicked me hard in the past, and I have not really forgiven them for it, if I was buying the gpu, nvidia would not even be on the table, but its free, and an overall upgrade to my amd in every way so I would be stupid to say no.

I'm going to keep the gpu at least until vega comes out, possibly switch back then, possibly leave it in the computer...

got a question, can cuda be used is I have amd and nvidia in the computer? also physx, now that I have an nvidia gpu kind of want to go back and play all those games I had to turn it off for.
>>
>>59976402
I remember back in the day i had an 8800GT i had to mail back,they literally held it hostage and told me to fuck off or take a 9600 GSO

Fuck those guys, thankfully their shop dies a year later.
>>
I sent my 7950 into MSI two fucking times. 3rd replacement still works
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.