[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did y'all know that firefox has hardware acceleration a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: migo.jpg (30KB, 617x449px) Image search: [Google]
migo.jpg
30KB, 617x449px
Did y'all know that firefox has hardware acceleration and multi process acceleration disabled by default?

just go to your about:config and change these values

How to enable hardware acceleration

(https://wiki.mozilla.org/Blocklisting/Blocked_Graphics_Drivers#On_X11)

webgl.force-enabled=true.
webgl.msaa-force=true.
layers.acceleration.force-enabled=true.

How to enable electrolysis multi-process acceleration
(https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis)

browser.tabs.remote.autostart=true
extensions.e10sBlockedByAddons=false
extensions.e10sBlocksEnabling=false
browser.tabs.remote.force-enable=true

dom.ipc.processCount=...

This controls how many tabs get to use their own process. By default it's set to 1, meaning there's just one process that all tabs will have to share. If you increase the value, more tabs can run by themselves, but memory use for Firefox starts to explode (but only when tabs are actually open).

Not joking after enabling these things it's made my browser like 5x faster
>>
>>59969909
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Did y'all know Chrome does all this shit by default and you don't have to fuck with it?
>>
>>59970058
Did y'all know Chrome is a botnet?
>>
>>59970058
Yeah i did, but chrome is a botnet, and i though people might want to know how to get it without the botnet
>>
>>59970079
Ungoogled Chromium, retard.
>>
>>59970079
nice meme
>>
>>59970079
The whole internet is botnet. I really don't give a fuck. You bend over backwards using shitty browsers and shitty search engines, and every site you go to using google analytics that fingerprints your browser and tracks you anyway.

Stop being paranoid and join the rest of humanity in the first world.
>>
>>59969909
>disable by default
do you want the browser to become even more unstable?
>>
>>59970156
I force enabled all of these things and it just works faster and isn't any more unstable
>>
>>59970165
what about add ons?
My about:support says disabled by add-ons.
I'm not risking stability for some extra performance.
>>
>>59970079
your OS is botnet and your ISP rapes your privacy
>>
>>59970211
I've got like 15 addons.

None of them broke when i enabled this

The addons that don't support multiprocess just run in one process while everything else is multiprocess
>>
>>59969909
just get cyberfox u pleb
>>
>>59970117
>Stop being paranoid and join the rest of humanity in the first world.
You'll have to drag me kicking and screaming
>>
Did y'all know this is default on Nightly?
>>
>>59970270
You can use chromium for those times you are forced to use chrome. Its the same as chrome but without the botnet part.
No automatic updates tho (which is a good thing)
>>
File: lies.png (49KB, 539x400px) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
49KB, 539x400px
lol Mozilla has been working on multi process for almost 10 years.

sad
>>
Did y'all know Safari is a superior browser?
>>
File: 1490472047431.jpg (599KB, 1312x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1490472047431.jpg
599KB, 1312x1740px
>>59970488
Kill yourself you perma-BTFO'd tripfaggot.
>>
>>59970058
Things like that are disabled because they appear to be stable but haven't been tested enough. Theres a lot of features that are in the browser that are off.
>>
Enjoy you're crashes
>>
>>59970623
You know that trip is public and has been public for years?
>>
>>59970623
Am I the only one that doesn't think the tripfag got blown the fuck out in the picture?
I mean the tripfag was just saying "look how stupid CPU manufacturers are: You need driverupdates so your CPU doesn't crash, LOL".
Tripfaggy was laughin about it too and everyone thinks he was kind of defending anything.
>>
File: CTzje8zVAAANuVn.jpg (19KB, 318x322px) Image search: [Google]
CTzje8zVAAANuVn.jpg
19KB, 318x322px
>>59970732
>>59970871
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.