[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are surround sound gaming headphones a meme? Or does it really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1434060336296.png (225KB, 936x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1434060336296.png
225KB, 936x1000px
Are surround sound gaming headphones a meme? Or does it really actually make a big difference?
>>
>>>/sqt/
>>
Gaiming headphones are trash-tier, you pay for leds and brand. Get serious headphones like sennheiser/akg/sony/whatever and slap a microphone on them.
>>
The real meme is surround sound via more than 2 speakers. You can perfectly emulate surround sound with 2, but they want to make moar money by selling moar speakers.
>>
>>59969994
>humans have 2 ears
>people still think you need more than 2 speakers for surround sound

I'll never understand how people fell for that meme in the first place.
>>
File: qYt8i[1].png (45KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
qYt8i[1].png
45KB, 600x800px
>>59969904
>>
>>59970016
How about surround sound headphones then? Are they a meme?
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (246KB, 1200x1766px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
246KB, 1200x1766px
>>59970056
I've got the Sony MDR7506 headphones, had them for three years now.

The surround sound works just fine. Wasn't expecting it, either. One night it sounded like someone wanted my attention from behind my right side (when I live alone) and I flipped my shit but it was just the headphones doing their job with the video I was watching.
>>
>>59970366
Those aren't surround sound headphones though, they're just good headphones
A little outdated and maybe too neutral sounding for playing games without an EQ, but id recommend something like this for op
Headsets are dumb but you can get good ones if you dig deep enough, it's when you start adding in gimmicks like surround sound is when you start to see shit quality for high prices
>>
>>59970366

You knew you didn't have someone in front of you back then? Because usually in these cases it's all down to clever use of the left and right drivers combined, and your brain fills in the gaps.
>>
>>59970651
It's not "clever" it's the speed of sound applied to basic geometry
>>
>>59970716

You can't get that with headphones anon, the output from any of the drivers is only reaching one of your ears. In here you need a combination of each side at different output volumes to create the 3d positioning effect.
>>
>>59970958

*different output volumes and micro delays

Eating words, my bad
>>
>>59969904
>gayming headphones
why not just inject pure cancer into your veins and cut out the middleman?
>>
>>59969942
This
>>
>>59969904
Your brain determines direction and distance of sound based on:

>difference in volume in each ear
>difference in timing of the sound in each ear

Thus, surround sound headphones are a meme. The timing of sounds and their volume can be tuned so normal headphones replicate surround sound, and if done properly can actually be better than surround sound speakers.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.