[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Project Fi bills you extra if you go over your data limit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: selena.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
selena.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>Project Fi bills you extra if you go over your data limit - $10 per extra gigabyte.
>Project Fi pays you back for the data you don't use, if you don't go over the limit.
OK, so Project Fi is basically pay-as-you-go. Why don't they just market it that way?
>>
>>59969128
because pays-you-back sounds better to normies
>>
>>59969128
>$10 per gigabyte.
what the fuck is project fi and why would someone ever want to use that overpriced piece of shit
>>
>>59969274
I use it because it's stupidly cheap if you don't use much data. Me and my fiancee pay $55 a month for the two of us, including taxes and fees, and get perfect service / reception / speed / customer service
>>
>>59969262
This.

>>59969274
It can be cheaper for some people in the US. Granted, its pricing structure was concocted before the big telcos started actually competing with each other on price in the last year or so, so we'll see if it lasts in its current state.
>>
>>59969291
>$55 a month
>for internet

hahaha oh wow
>>
>>59969274
1.) Project Fi is a cellular network by Google. It works by combining several different networks together into one big meganetwork so you get good coverage. Sprint towers + T-Mobile towers + U.S. Cellular towers + a few others I can't remember. Project Fi switches between networks seamlessly based on which one is strongest at the moment.
2.) $10 for a gig is actually pretty normal in the US, although unlimited is making a comeback it seems.
>>
>>59969321
>normal
Actually, it's cheap. That's as cheap as it gets in the US.

US internet is a joke. A laughing stock.
>>
>>59969300
And what do you pay, my fine european friend?

This is the part where Romanians and Poles and god knows who else starts shitposting about how they "only pay $.06 for 10 gigabit cell service a month" or something.

Always love that shit.
>>
>>59969291
>perfect service / reception / speed
how do you know you're getting any of these things if you're not using them
>>
>>59969347
I'm not him but europeans do pay very little for whatever reason.
it really pisses me off.

>>59969321
That's actually really cool.
>>
>>59969330
There is a big difference between "US Internet" and "US Cell Service".

Cell service providers are actually competing now, so prices have been dropping dramatically while data caps and other features have been expanding.

Last-mile ISPs are still a shitshow, but that is a lot harder to change without direct government intervention (and it is actually thanks to government intervention, ironically, that we have the current shit state as it is).

>>59969361
>because he doesn't constantly saturate his connection, he can't possibly know if the service is reliable or not
Ok.

>>59969389
>I'm not him but europeans do pay very little for whatever reason.
it really pisses me off.

They pay less because things generally cost less in those countries. Because they have lower wages. Its the same reason shit is so godforsakenly expensive in straya.

Sure, you'll get a few guys who live in a huge metropolitan area, and can enjoy the benefits that living there brings (like better choice of service providers, lower prices, etc.), but those same things happen in the US as well.
>>
>>59969128
I pay like $35 a month average cause I'm not a faggot that uses data all day
>>
>>59969445
>a faggot that uses data all day
lol stupid faggots, getting what they pay for and shit, fuckin homos
>>
>>59969347
http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/broadband-compare/
>>
>>59969458
Or you know, you could get a job instead of shitposting on /g/ and use wifi and home?
>>
>>59969300
$55 a month for two phone lines using ~1gb per line per month.
>>
File: 39523905732905723.jpg (176KB, 2194x2194px) Image search: [Google]
39523905732905723.jpg
176KB, 2194x2194px
>>59969468
Jokes on you, I'm shitposting at work, and I don't have a home
>>
>>59969445
>>59969458
>>59969468
>>59969486

Take this somewhere else, retards.

>>59969466
Those prices are about in line with what you could expect out of Comcast in most parts of the southeast US, which is all I have knowledge about at the moment.

Regardless, we weren't even talking about home ISPs, anon. We are talking about cell service.
>>
Because PAYG is associated with the image of people who are poor/have bad credit and so can't get contracts. There's also the familiar refrain of "Lemme borrow your phone, I'm outta minutes." Americans aren't comfortable being associated with working class lifestyles.

Remember the classic refrain for describing America:
>temporarily embarrassed millionaires
>>
File: 1477603595861.png (49KB, 803x525px) Image search: [Google]
1477603595861.png
49KB, 803x525px
>>59969466
Just for reference. This is what I get for around $90 a month, which at current conversion rates is £70.
>>
>>59969570
>temporarily embarrassed millionaires
>everybody strives to not want to be not-rich
>everybody wants to be better than what they already are
What a bunch of non-conforming degenerates. Why don't they just accept that they will be stuck in the social strata they were born in?
>>
>anons who keep mentioning home internet

This thread is about cell phone data. Project Fi is a cellular service, not home internet.
>>
>>59969698
>Project Fi is a cellular service
a cellular service that is dependent on home internet, like Republic Wireless et al. before it
>>
>>59969681
There's a difference between effort and presumption.

I use a PAYG plan because it's within my means as I work my way up. What sets me apart from your sarcastic construction of "non-conforming degenerates" is that I'm not embarrassed by it.
>>
>>59969717
>a cellular service that is dependent on home internet, like Republic Wireless et al. before it

Nope, not dependent at all. It only works on certain phones, and when those phones have a Fi sim in them, they know to switch between open WiFi hotspots and celltowers depending on which has the better signal. They don't require the use of WiFi at all, though.
>>
>>59969330
Unlimted***

***LTE for the first 10 GB, top users over 10GB may see reduced speeds
>>
>>59969389
Because their governments don't allow free reign of capitalism
>>
>>59969953
Most telcos do something like 25GB now.

Granted, that number has been steadily rising, so your criticism may not have much merit in the future.
>>
>>59970112
>Because their governments don't allow free reign of capitalism

If you don't understand what you're talking about, it would be best to stick to /pol/.
>>
I get good mobile data for less than $10 a month in the USA

I'll never tell my methods
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.