[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, try to explain your job (if tech-related) or your favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: peasant.jpg (161KB, 687x534px) Image search: [Google]
peasant.jpg
161KB, 687x534px
Hey /g/, try to explain your job (if tech-related) or your favorite piece of technology to a 12th century peasant.
>>
ðæge pro wiccecræft, ceorl!
>>
File: ship drawing.jpg (660KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
ship drawing.jpg
660KB, 2592x1944px
my favorite piece of technology is sailships anon
the kind that doesnt fall off the world when you go to the corners of it tho
>>
>>59967771
give it some colour and bit of details, looks pretty good
>>
File: 90s.png (287KB, 509x488px) Image search: [Google]
90s.png
287KB, 509x488px
It' simple I'm coding graphics routines into a library and wrapping it into an API
>>
I distribute a strange, poisonous liquid to other lords in exchange for a type of note, signifying how much of their gold pieces are mine so that I don't have to carry them; I let the monarchs various treasuries carry them for me and these notes allow me to contract goods and services from other lords in order to maintain my keep and my land.
>>
>>59969838
starbucks barista?
>>
I'm an enchanter.
There are ones who call me Tim.
>>
I give counsel to my Lord as a spymaster. He owns many domains and so I have agents in all but few of them who report to my second in command. When I want to know what happens in the land I send a coded message to my acolyte and he answers with similarly coded drawings and complex algebrae.

With those I can know what daemon has to be killed and wherefore so as to ensure the safety of the realm.
>>
>>59972236
CIA/NSA agent?
>>
This aerend of mine be beholding unstill paintings of wholesome wifs: craefts from yonder east projected into my dwelling with great gutts of copper and optics. What say ye to that, cuckolded peasant?
>>
They had universities in the 12th century right?

I'm a school lad
>>
>>59973972
Close I guess, I do software monitoring at a big industrial site.
>>
>>59975806
You be a scholar laddie?
>>
I am in charge of the daemons which communicate through something somewhat comparable to a crystal ball (only it's flat).
I have to command them, keep them from being taken over by remote wizards, and kill them if necessary.
>>
hello friend, I make a tool that helps the village bookie con you out of your beer and wheat allowance.

please don't hang me for witchcraft
>>
>We conjure the spirits of the computer with our spells
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHk42kDwesM
>>
>>59967670
I wouldn't be able to even have a simple conversation because I'm too stupid to even fully understand early modern English used by Shakespeare.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_English
Middle English is the form of English spoken roughly from the time of the Norman Conquest in 1066 until the end of the 15th century.
Early Modern English – the language used by Shakespeare – is dated from around 1500.
>>
>>59967670

You see, I work with a bunch of paintings that change images at all times. Sometimes they have images and others they have text, much like a tome. They have all knowledge in the world. For example, but using this slab of keys, you ask it a question like

"How does one kill rats?"

Or

"how did the bubonic plague start?"

And the best part about these paintings, my dear peasant, is that you can have the most beautiful of dames nude and dancing for you all at the same time.

"But a-anon, what do you do in the future for your profession?"

Oh, I fix these wonderful paintings so the people can go on enjoying God's knowledge or the sins of the flesh. I give them that choice.
>>
Usb stick
>>
Purveyor of arcane manuscripts.
>>
File: gg.jpg (36KB, 580x416px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
36KB, 580x416px
>>59967670
>>
I repereth and maketh tools for peasants to worketh witheth. Ththth
>>
>>59967670
I assist his grace in the practice of usury to ensure the enslavement of your family for generations my friend
>>
I conjure the spirits of the 'computer' with my spells.
>>
File: fig1.large[1].gif (104KB, 450x259px) Image search: [Google]
fig1.large[1].gif
104KB, 450x259px
>microscope wasn't invented until 17th century
>printing press wasn't invented until 15th century
Uhh... you know wood block printing? In the future, people want to do that about a million times smaller. I make tools that help them see what they're doing.
>>
>>59967705
fpbp
>>
>>59967670
I buy sausage
>>
>>59967670

I'm a literal fucking god. Bow down to me or I'll taze you, bro.

What, you don't know what a Tazer is? Allow me to show you...
>>
>>59967705
>ðæge pro
What's this mean?
>>
>>59967670
i fellate in exchange for coin.
>>
My job is to manage wizards, but I cannot cast even the simplest spell
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.