[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the actual fuck does anyone use anything but macbuntu it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_5483.jpg (573KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5483.jpg
573KB, 1920x1080px
Why the actual fuck does anyone use anything but macbuntu it's so objectively aesthetic it's not even fair how it has the functionality of Linux, support of the Ubuntu community, and the looks of the OS that people pay 200% price hikes for
>>
what kind of launcher is that? how good does it work?
>>
>>59964421
U fucking piece of shit, this is the first time I'm actually replying to your shit "Is this the new desktop thread?" question. I've always held myself back but now I just can't handle it anymore. You're a fucking piece of shit and should seriously kill yourself because NO, this isn't the new desktop thread and NO, THE DESKTOP THREADS ARE OFF /g/ BY NOW YOU FUCKING AUTISTIC SHIT. You're even pretending to be fucking female even tho you probably have a dick, please kill yourself already, you have a serious mental disorder, nobody can help you and your pedophilia anime fetish. SO FUCK OFF, YOU'RE PISSING OFF EVERYONE HERE AT /g/. I WISH THE MODS BANNED YOU OR THAT YOUR FUCKING TRASH PC FILLED WITH ANIME PEDOPHILIA DIES ALREADY. Please don't every try to reproduce either with a male or female you fucking imbecile. You seriously make me so mad every time you post over here you fucking mentally challenged neckbeard. I hope you're aware of how everybody hates you over here and how much of a moron you are, you fuckong cuntbag. You probably still live in your mother's basement and I hope you fucking know how much of a dissapointment you are to your parents and how much you should be ashamed of yourself and your stupid question and riced weeaboo desktop. So fuck off and never come back cause I will find you and when I do, I will wipe your stupid hard drive and all shit that's on it and I will put you in a mental hospital where you belong or make you kill yourself so you'll finally end this stupid bullshit. FUCK OFF ALREADY. KILL YOURSELF. DO SOMETHING, JUST DONT EVER POST HERE AGAIN OR I'LL FUCKING SLICE YOUR THROAT YOU FUCKING UGLY ASS PEDOPHILE! THIS ISNT THE NEW FUCKING DESKTOP THREAD FUCK OFF THERE ARENT ANY DESKTOP THREADS, STOP POSTING ALREADY. FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS AND FUCK EVERYONE AROUND YOU FOR RAISING YOU LIKE THAT. FUCK OFF!!!
>>
>>59964489
wow havent seen this in a while
>>
>>59964342
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
This is the best collection of shitposting I've ever seen
>>
>>59964421
There's no reason to use clover boot loader to hackintosh when this is an option, and if that's a genuine apple product you're running macOS on then
/fa
/lgbt
For you
>>
>>59964451
Superman does good.

What you meant to say is 'How well does it work'
>>
>>59964583
heres a good reason: linux is garbo and macOS is actually good, sticking a skin on ubuntu isnt going to change that
>>
>>59964505
No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

(An operating system) != (a distribution). Linux is an operating system. By my definition, an operating system is that software which provides and limits access to hardware resources on a computer. That definition applies whereever you see Linux in use. However, Linux is usually distributed with a collection of utilities and applications to make it easily configurable as a desktop system, a server, a development box, or a graphics workstation, or whatever the user needs. In such a configuration, we have a Linux (based) distribution. Therein lies your strongest argument for the unwieldy title 'GNU/Linux' (when said bundled software is largely from the FSF). Go bug the distribution makers on that one. Take your beef to Red Hat, Mandrake, and Slackware. At least there you have an argument. Linux alone is an operating system that can be used in various applications without any GNU software whatsoever. Embedded applications come to mind as an obvious example.
>>
>>59964591
Next, even if we limit the GNU/Linux title to the GNU-based Linux distributions, we run into another obvious problem. XFree86 may well be more important to a particular Linux installation than the sum of all the GNU contributions. More properly, shouldn't the distribution be called XFree86/Linux? Or, at a minimum, XFree86/GNU/Linux? Of course, it would be rather arbitrary to draw the line there when many other fine contributions go unlisted. Yes, I know you've heard this one before. Get used to it. You'll keep hearing it until you can cleanly counter it.

You seem to like the lines-of-code metric. There are many lines of GNU code in a typical Linux distribution. You seem to suggest that (more LOC) == (more important). However, I submit to you that raw LOC numbers do not directly correlate with importance. I would suggest that clock cycles spent on code is a better metric. For example, if my system spends 90% of its time executing XFree86 code, XFree86 is probably the single most important collection of code on my system. Even if I loaded ten times as many lines of useless bloatware on my system and I never excuted that bloatware, it certainly isn't more important code than XFree86. Obviously, this metric isn't perfect either, but LOC really, really sucks. Please refrain from using it ever again in supporting any argument.

Last, I'd like to point out that we Linux and GNU users shouldn't be fighting among ourselves over naming other people's software. But what the heck, I'm in a bad mood now. I think I'm feeling sufficiently obnoxious to make the point that GCC is so very famous and, yes, so very useful only because Linux was developed. In a show of proper respect and gratitude, shouldn't you and everyone refer to GCC as 'the Linux compiler'? Or at least, 'Linux GCC'? Seriously, where would your masterpiece be without Linux? Languishing with the HURD?
>>
>>59964451
http://www.noobslab.com/2016/04/macbuntu-1604-transformation-pack-for.html?m=1
>>
File: linus-eff-you-640x363.png (213KB, 640x359px) Image search: [Google]
linus-eff-you-640x363.png
213KB, 640x359px
>>59964604
If there is a moral buried in this rant, maybe it is this:

Be grateful for your abilities and your incredible success and your considerable fame. Continue to use that success and fame for good, not evil. Also, be especially grateful for Linux' huge contribution to that success. You, RMS, the Free Software Foundation, and GNU software have reached their current high profiles largely on the back of Linux. You have changed the world. Now, go forth and don't be a nag.

Thanks for listening.
>>
>>59964451
Free as in Freedom.
>>
File: lainsmall2.gif (4KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
lainsmall2.gif
4KB, 250x300px
>>59964605
Fuck off.
>>
>>59964489
Wew Lad
>>
>>59964342
I use it too but with the light theme. Best I've ever had.
>>
>>59964342
Yosemite is ugly as fuck. I would never use this GUI voluntarily

t. long time Mac user
>>
>>59964342
What version of everything did you use?
>>
>>59964342
Here's mine, but yours looks better tbqh.
>>
>>59965457
>>59965364
http://www.noobslab.com/2016/04/macbuntu-1604-transformation-pack-for.html?m=1
>>
>>59964342
>>59965457
mac linux clones look awful and retarded by default
you all forgot one of the most important things
changing the system font to San Fransisco UI Regular
yet no guide ever mentions it
>>
>>59964636
>>59964590
>>
File: 1492501446016.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492501446016.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>59964489
WEW

That really activated the almonds! You know, there was always the option of not answering the obvious bait.
>>
File: 1492259006772.jpg (16KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1492259006772.jpg
16KB, 500x322px
>>59964649
You're gonna have to accept this until 4/20.
Smoke a blunt and relax tomorrow knowing that it's over. This happens every 4/19, and you're only digging yourself into a deeper hole by being frustrated.
>>
>>59964489
this
>>
>>59964489
this tho
>>
>>59965519
Just changed it and this actually looks good. Thanks.
>>
>>59965713

link to font please
>>
>>59964421
there's something wrong with you man

white people are so weird
>>
>>59965783
https://github.com/AppleDesignResources/SanFranciscoFont
>>
File: isac's fourth pc.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
isac's fourth pc.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>59964342
>>59964489
this thread is now about fucking desktops
>>
>>59965885
Okay, I expected it to devolve into a desktop thread, or evolve since itstarted with a shitpost, if you enjoy minimalism so much why not rice a Linux distro? What's keeping you on windows 10?
>>
>>59964489
top kek
Seriously though fuck that faggot
>>
>>59964342
How do you get the dark theme? Also my icons look very different..
>>
How do I change the top bar to a darker transparent color?
>>
>a shitty OS X rip off theme for gayTK+ and stolen icons
No, thanks. I already have a hackintosh, which is as close to the real thing as it gets.
>>
>>59965713
post screenshots
>>
>>59967073
I'm currently in the process of upgrading to 17.04. If it doesn't butcher everything I'll post when it's done.
>>
File: Clipboard003.png (245KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard003.png
245KB, 800x600px
>>59964342
>>
because real men use i3
>>
>>59964489
Godspeed anon
>>
>>59967073
Here you go. The only thing I still really dislike is the shading on the top bar, but it isn't visible most of the time.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.