[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide to try out I2P for the hell of it >download speeds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1490027068431.png (8KB, 181x38px) Image search: [Google]
1490027068431.png
8KB, 181x38px
>decide to try out I2P for the hell of it
>download speeds top out at 25 KB/s
>it isn't abnormal to have download speeds drop to 16 KB/s or sometimes below 7 KB/s
>despite this, developers of websites made to be viewed over I2P insist on modern styled sites including megabytes of oversized images that need to be scaled down for the page, resulting in their sites taking minutes to load
>the only torrents available for the anime I used as a test are 1080p resulting in 500+ MB episodes and seasons that can take a week to download, and that's if you can keep a constant good connection instead of dropping to an average download speed of 1.2 KB/s over the past 13 hours
What the fuck is wrong with these people? Why isn't shit on I2P designed to actually be usable on the low bandwidth connection that the network provides?
>>
It's designed for anonymity, not speed.
>>
File: I2P torrent speeds.gif (14KB, 1394x109px) Image search: [Google]
I2P torrent speeds.gif
14KB, 1394x109px
>>59957821
Pic related is for anyone who thinks I'm exaggerating about the torrent speeds.

>>59957890
That doesn't mean that the sites on the network can't be optimized for the lower download speeds. Using a ton of 1080x600 images that are then scaled down to 540x300 on a site that's intended to be loaded over a very low bandwidth connection makes no sense whatsoever.
>>
People forgot how to make websites.
>>
>>59957821
You can adjust torrent speeds in control panel. Much faster, but still too slow.
>>
>>59958449
I already set the available bandwidth just a bit below what my total usable bandwidth is.
>>
>>59957821
It's gets faster once you get "deeper"(don't remember the right word) in the network.

Getting "deeper" means being connected for a longer period.
>>
>>59959511
I was connected for 16 hours with no noticeable improvements before I gave up on the torrent and shut down my client. The anime I tried to torrent was actually downloading faster during the first couple hours than it was at any time after that.
>>
>>59959511
not op but that's bull shit.
>>
>>59957983
>yuruyuri
my nigga

I think the problem is there isn't enough peers in the network, which is the reason why data can't be routed to you faster.
>>
>>59959571
Works For Me™

>>59959565
Strange. I never used it much and don't really remember much of the protocol.
Try turning it off and on again? kek
Everyone is a relay and a client, its not unusual to ISPs to provide very low upload width, you might have got a bar node.
>>
The more important question is, why aren't anonymizers designed with multiple levels of anonymization instead of enforcing tinfoil-level on everything

>>59959677
There aren't enough torrent peers seeding that, because why would anybody do that for an horriblesubs tv pack which is widely availabe on clearnet?

>>59959511
>>59959692
I2P is designed to better handle peer joining, a full router (not needed for downloading stuff) starts getting connections within minutes compared to days/weeks for TOR
Also at first startup it downloads an updated database of peers for bootstrapping
>>
>>59959829
>why aren't anonymizers designed with multiple levels of anonymization instead of enforcing tinfoil-level on everything
What do you mean? The Tor Browser Bundle has preset security levels for you to choose from and I2P even allows you to change the length of the tunnels you use in the settings. How much more than that do you want?
>>
>>59959875
Disable encryption. I'm not a pedophile, dummy.
>>
>>59957890
this

fuck off NSA
>>
>>59958025
This.
http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/
>>
>>59959875
Those presets are mostly about browser security, as targeted by 3 letter agencies.

I was referring more to filesharing, where not impacting much performance could be used to gain traction, to get more nodes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.