[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to install Windows 10 to my laptop, but each

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 0418171159a-1.jpg (639KB, 1751x2856px) Image search: [Google]
0418171159a-1.jpg
639KB, 1751x2856px
So I'm trying to install Windows 10 to my laptop, but each time I try to install it from the USB (I used the windows media creation tool), it always does this, and when I reboot I have no OS, so I try to install it again and it does the same thing. I've tried using different USB's and even did a temp install of Fedora to see if the hard drive was the problem, but it installed just fine.
>>
>>59954089
>windows media creation tool
Here's your problem dumbass
Use Rufus
>>
>>59954141
Use Rufus to install Solus
>>
>>59954141
I tried Rufus earlier but it wouldn't even detect any of my USB's. It would only be detectable to even boot into to install when using the media creation tool.
>>
File: photo.png (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
1MB, 900x900px
>>59954089
Gotta load the spyware on top of the operating system
>>
>>59954193
Not when your operating system is the spyware
>>
>>59954167
Can you use a CD?
>>
>>59954244
I can't. Don't have a burner or a drive or any dvd's on hand.
>>
>>59954263
Maybe it can be a bad iso? Where did you get the iso from?
>>
>>59954089
install gentoo
>>
>>59954294
I used the media creation tool from when I installed Windows 10 to my desktop over Christmas, but now I can't find a download link for it on the website. But I did download the anniversary and creators update .iso from this website https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10ISO and it's just not working. The farthest I've gotten is where I'm at now, and that was using the windows media creation tool.
>>
>>59954440
Maybe it might be due to the recent update? I know that I tried to fresh install windows on my t420 two days ago and it got several errors halfway through the re-install. I have reset my system multiple times but I never had the problem until I installed the newest update. Maybe try looking for an older version of the windows 10 iso.
>>
>>59954488
Possibly, but when I get to the boot options, it doesn't detect the USB's when I use Rufus on the Creators .iso or the Anniversary .iso. Rufus does work with the test install with Fedora to make sure it wasn't my hardware. It might be what you said about the update.
>>
>>59954359
faggot
>>
Install Solus.
>>
Download the Windows 10 image from Microsoft, mount it, and copy the files directly to a vfat formatted usb stick.

You don't need to make it bootable the UEFI firmware will automatically find the right executable.

You also don't need any product keys, the license is stored in your BIOS.
>>
>>59955278
Still encountering the same error :(
>>
>>59954167
Format it as FAT32 or NTFS
>>
>>59954089
Redownload creation tool. Remake usb. Reinstall and when asked what partition to install on, delete all partitions and make a new one. Worked for me
>>
Mac OS doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>59954089
fucking retard, it's still instal-
>sees 151%
oh
>>
>>59959346
>Retarded garble
Touch disease, poor trackpads, outright shit keyboards, exploding batteries, water destruction from a little rain, throttling, poor specs at their pricepoints, closed OS that allows relatively few options for the end user to fix and sucks you into a trap to swindle money from the tech illiterate and consumerist masses... These are all problems with the Apple "Ecosystem"
>>
>>59954089
>being this retarded
>>
>>59959112
Doesn't Rufus format the drive automatically?
>>
>>59959315
I can't find the creation tool on Microsoft's website, so I was using the one I had downloaded around Christmas time when I installed Windows on my desktop. And when I install an OS, I always delete the partitions.
>>59959346
I'm thinking about getting a macbook pro.
>>59959745
Yeah, idk what's wrong :(
>>
>>59954089
>Kevin installing win10

Did u quit Solus shilling?
>>
>>59960957
Ikey decided to stop paying me one week, and when I went to the IRC channel to ask what's up and where's my paycheck, they all played dumb and Ikey was "away".
>>
File: BTFO.png (984KB, 1200x2894px) Image search: [Google]
BTFO.png
984KB, 1200x2894px
>>59954089
>I'm trying to install Windows 10 to my laptop
The computer is trying to tell you something. You need to install GNU/Linux.
>>
>>59954089
If your laptop can do it, install fedora and then virtualbox and then install windows 10 vitually. Done. That's how I got into linux and it's been great. When you need to learn to do something you can browse in linux for the answer. When windows is updating you can still use your browser or whatever else you like in linux.
>>
>>59962544
But I want to use Windows natively.
>>
>>59960920
just do it, fat32, I had some problems as well until I specified fat32
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.