[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't we as a community come together instead of be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Why can't we as a community come together instead of be at each others throats all the time?

>I'm noticing lately a sharp rise in the toxicity in various Linux communities

He has a point, and the Linux communities have always been toxic to one another. /g/ is a great example of this.

>It's OK to like different projects. Diversity is the life blood of Linux and free software. It's also OK to not like projects. But do we really *hate* projects?

While diversity is good, I think Linux should start becoming more uniform if it really wants some market share in the desktop market. It seems like GNOME will be the Linux desktop too since Ubuntu is now moving to it. Also Linus uses it as his DE.

>Hate is a wasteful emotion, and often provides nothing but tunnel vision and bad memories. Over time, vendettas form, and instead of providing any useful feedback, we default instead to leaving snarky comments and trying to deride the projects, eventually playing the victim card when we're called out.

Basically /g/ about anything.

>"SomeDistro's X is way better than OtherDistro's Y" - fine, so bridge the gap.

He brings up a great point. Instead of bitching about everything, why not improve everything?

>It's time to stop forming silos, and to embrace the diversity and beauty that is a collaborative free software world, that flourishes with so-called "coopertition". Consider wiping the slate clean, and reevaluate your approaches through fresh eyes.

I think it's time we all come together as a community and make Linux great (((again))).
>>
>>59951462
who cares?
>>
Do you know where you are?
>>
>>59951462
>Expecting myopic, autistic nerds fighting over ~2% desktop marketshare to agree on anything
>>
>>59951501
YOU'RE IN THE JUN/G/LE BABY
>>
File: gindows.jpg (471KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
gindows.jpg
471KB, 2272x1704px
>>59951515
YOU GONNA DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeiiiiii.....
>>
>>59951462
fuck off ameriburger
>>
>>59951462
yeah, really all these disctos should just be banned and make one single true Linyx version

I mean we all want to see a good desktop linux, so just remove all this pointless server crap and other niche things that only nerds care bout.

I think a good strong company should take over the running of linux, perhaps Apple.
>>
File: thinking.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.gif
899KB, 600x600px
>>59951501
I'm in /g/.
>>59951514
Think bigger than that. It's a matter of getting normies to use it. I've already gotten normies to want to switch to it and they love Linux.
>>59951529
Kek saved.
>>59951531
No u.
>>59951539
Pic related, this might work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.