[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true VPNs are useless if you can't use a Russian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.png (53KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
53KB, 300x300px
Is it true VPNs are useless if you can't use a Russian or Chinese IP?
>>
>>59946028
no
>>
No. Because VPN's are only useful for protecting yourself from the network you're currently on. Not for privacy.
>>
>>59946028
Yes. Russia is the best freedom country!
>>
File: its an adapter.jpg (716KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
its an adapter.jpg
716KB, 2448x3264px
Not OP but what's the best paid VPN to use for torrenting and not getting caught?
>>
>>59951487
What the fuck is going on in this pic? Is he camming his tablet to put on the tv or is he streaming it to the web?
>>
>>59946028
It depends who you're hiding from. Just hiding from corporations, and some government sweeps, you don't need to go through a hostile country.
>>
>>59951535
yes
>>
>>59951535
There was this absurd football match only available to ipads. Of course this caused massive butthurt to sports fag because they need to watch their fsvourite team on a 7" display (only 1 person watching at a time ) vs their 49" new tv.

The picture in question is the chimichanga someone had to go thru to watch the game on the tv since apple doesnt support casting the screen to a tv
>>
>Russia
>China

You realize both these countries have a more intrusive surveillance agency than the NSA?

The countries you want to go through are
>Netherlands
>Iceland
>Sweden
>>
>>59951487
Pia. Only vpn that isnt slow
>>
>Russian VPN
Kek, if a russian VPN isn't logging then they're breaking Russian law.

Same with chinese shit.

Seriously, chinese and Russian VPNs are the ones you DON'T WANT
>>
>>59951487
AirVPN
>>
>>59946028
For basic p2p filesharing, MAFIAA will see that you're on a VPN and simply disregard you.

If they're suing anyone for mere torrenting, they only go for the low hanging fruit.
>>
>>59952002
PIA has been slow as molasses for me over the past few weeks. Plus, I'm beginning to think it's just a front for the NSA since they seem to be the only one ever recognized or recommended. Not to mention their advertisements are everywhere you look across the web. looking to switch maybe to NordVPN or AirVPN.
>>
>>59952021
>>59952002
>>59952317
What method do you use to pay for VPN subscriptions? Prepaid cards?
>>
>>59952374
Bitcoin
>>
>>59952374
Cc because i am not doing anything illegal and couodnt be bothered to go get a prepaid card
>>
>>59951917
I think both dont care if your not using their ips to harm their own interests
>>
>>59952506
> CC

Could just use paypal instead of giving them your details directly
>>
>>59951487
God, I love being in a country that doesn't cuckold the population in favor of big media corporations.
>>
>>59951917
>>Russia
>>China
>You realize both these countries have a more intrusive surveillance agency than the NSA?
Nigga rly?
>>
>>59952317
I've been looking for VPNs for a couple days myself and I too found it a bit odd how everyone was absolutely sucking PIAs dick. It is cheap though and I'm Canadian so everything costs 30% more.
>>
>>59946028
spin up a cheap vps and host your own vpn, it's cheaper, more secure and with lots of hosts you can pick the region

paid vpn is for people that shouldn't be on /g/
>>
>>59955781
>paid vpn is for people that shouldn't be on /g/
We'll we're here so deal with it
>>
>>59952381
Well how would one constantly buy bitcoins without using their bank account
>>
>trusted by companies including yahoo
>>
>>59957026
>trusting yahoo
>>
>>59955781
How can i do that? I only have one ISP in my country, can't they see everything i search even with a VPN?
>>
If im not American do I need to care if a VPN is based out of the US? All i want it for is torrenting anyways.
>>
AirVPN is my recommendation at the moment, they seem to do a lot of good things like running tor nodes and they offer a solid product.
>>
>>59946028
VPNs and proxies only delays identification from your home net, if the big brother wants to catch you they will. the internet was designed to identify sender and receiver.

I have a pretty decent VPN hardware system, its a raspberry pi with pivpn. The Pi is plugged in a hidden double electrical socket at my uni above a roof tile, so from the outside on the roof tile it only looks like a normal electric socket, while in reality its a second layer with the PI inbetween the sockets.

its connected to the uni's wifi with a spoofed mac of classroom desktop. remote operate it with SSH and have only had to physically restart it once since six months after uni power outage. it works flawless is easy to setup, cheap and hidden. the info is kept out of the jews.
>>
>>59958428
How complicated is this? would like to try.
>>
>>59952522
The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.
>>
>>59958428
>encrypted connection from your home to university network
>not suspicious at all
>>
>>59958691
Actually, students using VPN set up by their university to access muh JSTOR and shit is very common.
>>
>>59958718
That's not how it looks for uni network admins and FBI.
>>
>>59958768
xDDD
>>
>>59951487
PureVPN with a dedicated IP
>>
File: EXPOSED.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
EXPOSED.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>59951487
Confirmed for being Ian Murdock's former house!!

Debian users on seppuku-watch.
>>
>>59958691
Well I can tell you that my neighbour has WEP encryption on his router, i'd probably go through his connection first if I wanted to. Instead I just use the VPN in relative rapid sessions during the day.

>>59958541
I mean its pretty straight forward. Just obtain a raspberry, a pi zero or something. Install raspbian, obtain pivpn dot io and play around with it to get a proper configuration working. then just use creativity to hide it somewhere in a building with access to power outlet and wifi.
you could probably setup a solar powered Pi if you live in the right place.

Else I recommend finding electrical sockets which are unused/hidden, then attack your pi, and plug in a 1>2 socket with room for the Pi in the middle. Wi-fi password is easy to obtain with a slight amount of SE if you dont have access to it already. My unis network has port forwarded stuff to an admin desktop in the classroom, so I just spoofed the mac and setup SSH access.

its obviously important that the ssh and vpn service start on the cron.daily/boot for easy maintance.
>>
>>59958428
Well done Anon, I applaud your efforts but how did you expose it to the public internet to allow VPN traffic?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.