[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got my yearly evaluation >"you're a junior-level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 2pMTTZjgWL-6.png (28KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
2pMTTZjgWL-6.png
28KB, 300x250px
>got my yearly evaluation
>"you're a junior-level developer"

10 years of experience in programming only to come to this. Short-sighted development, tons of stupid mistakes, and no mental presence in meetings.

That's my final nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned. The thrill is gone. I don't want to do programming anymore... but it's the only thing I know how to do that brings me a steady paycheck. Shit sucks.
>>
File: 1408908548697.jpg (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1408908548697.jpg
27KB, 200x200px
>>59937592
>just had my yearly review
>you're right where we want all the other engineers to be and you've got the spotlight and momentum
>>
>>59937592
>Short-sighted development, tons of stupid mistakes, and no mental presence in meetings.

Well, start working on these issues. What were your short sighted mistakes? How are these fixed?

Stupid mistakes? What mistakes were they? How are they fixed?

Start a cycle of self improvement

mistake ---> fix ---> commit to memory --> Improve

Also, what language(s) are you developing in?
>>
>>59937798
>Also, what language(s) are you developing in?
Assembly.
>>
>>59937592
Stop crying and read SICP, you faggot.
>>
>>59937592
Thanks I just dodged the CS bullet.
>>
>No yearly reviews because im a consultant
>Paid top dollar because im treated as a service a company purchases to deliver their shit instead of an indentured servant who can be exploited for pennies

Don't know that feel OP, worst case scenario it doesnt work out with the client and i'm on to the next one. Feels good to be my own man.
>>
>>59937916

Forgot to mention I've only been developing for two years and I make more than the guys who actually work at the company who have been there for 10. Also, my opinion is automatically treated as more important and I'm good at pretending I know what I'm doing with such confidence that the business people are always complimenting my work. The truth is I work like 2 actual hours per day doing shit a bootcamp grad could do.
>>
>>59937916
What do you do for health insurance? Bamacare? I'm a wage cuck but I ended up with cancer and now it costs my insurance company $100k/mo .
>>
>>59937592
When you say "10 years experience", surely you don't mean commercial experience? If so, you've really fucked up somehow.
>>
>having end of contract review
>if renewed in August basically gauranteed to have a 70-120% raise
>told contract will not be renewed at this time
>if renewed it would have lasted until I get fired or change jobs instead of the original 15 months
>>
>>59937952

wew lad, yeah in your situation its better to be employed by someone who handles your medical expenses. I'm under 26 so I'm still under my parents medical insurance.
>>
Sorry to hear that OP, don't forget that even if you're employer isn't really there anymore education still is. There's nothing stopping you from educating yourself above and beyond what your employer needs. You can use that education to leverage a better position in another company
>>
>>59937879
it's not a good idea for brainlets like you and OP to enter CS
>>
I am a well paid Java code monkey that wants to die. I will soon have a BSc and I know the ins and outs of Spring, Jenkins, Archiva, maven, JPA, etc.
How do I escape or advance? I feel very trapped and once that stack will be obsolete in 3, 5, 10 years I will be left with nothing.
>>
>>59938534
start learning the hottest meme languages and frameworks NOW
>>
Youve gotta remember that these evals come from the point of view of some HR retard that probably majored in liberal arts at uni and is so far disconnected from what you actually do that his opinion on your work is about as relevant as my opinion on your work
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.