[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy dual monitor >My reference AMD RX 480 graphics card

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: pZiAWc9.jpg (22KB, 577x382px) Image search: [Google]
pZiAWc9.jpg
22KB, 577x382px
>buy dual monitor
>My reference AMD RX 480 graphics card jumps from 40C idle to 70C idle
>>
File: power_multimon.png (37KB, 500x890px) Image search: [Google]
power_multimon.png
37KB, 500x890px
AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES
>>
Shekels have been deposited.
>>
>>59935127
sir please do the needful and delet dis
>>
My 480 idles at 50C with fans turned off, with 3 monitors, one of them 1440p

Nice try though
>>
>>59935127
kek, if I unplug my monitor from the cord, would it still work?
>>
>Use nvidia gtx780
>Put monitor from 120Hz to 144Hz mode
>Gpu fans start spinning really loud
>Temps go up 15°
>Card can no longer go into power savings mode
>B-but my Ayymd housefire meme
>>
File: good.webm (974KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
good.webm
974KB, 1080x810px
>>59935191
>unironically comparing a 7-Series card to the 480
>>
>>59935248
This applies to an gtx card as far as I know.
I just own this one.
>>
>>59935191
I'm an amdfag but this makes no sense
A higher refresh rate just allows the monitor to keep up and display smoother, the GPU renders those frames regardless of the refresh rate, so if you got 200fps@60hz you'd still hit 200fps@144hz with no change in load and temps
If you want to be an amd shill like us, at least be competent.
>>
Reapply thermal place and get that cooler on there really tight. If you built the computer yourself you probably pussied out and didn't tighten it enough.
>>
>>59935809
re-apply thermal paste on the GPU? kek
>>
>>59935774
> the GPU renders those frames regardless of the refresh rate
Not if you turn on Vsync.
>>
For what it's worth my Quadro 4000 (Fermi housefire) does the same thing. And thats a single-slot blower setup, sounds like a little vacuum cleaner in my pc. I had to unplug my second monitor. ( ._.)
>>
File: power_multimon.png (33KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
power_multimon.png
33KB, 500x690px
>>59936480
Does not happen with modern Nvidia GPUs

The power efficiency is so much better than AYYMD HOUSEFIRES
>>
ITT nvidia shills
>t. owner of 970, 710, 290X and 260X
>>
>>59936524
>>59934913
GPU ram clock jumps to maximum when two or more non-identical monitors are running off an AMD card. This causes the power usage to jump.
For Nvidia it's three monitors.

To solve the problem, enable integrated multi-monitor in BIOS and plug non-gaming monitors to the motherboard and plug only the gaming monitor to the GPU.
>>
>>59935168
my 980ti idles at 25c with the fans obviously off at dual 144hz 1080p

nice try tho
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.