[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We have to hand it to Richard Stallman. We live in a world today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: stallman.jpg (48KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
stallman.jpg
48KB, 400x399px
We have to hand it to Richard Stallman. We live in a world today where everything except a small few like video editing can be achieved by Free Software. If there's something needed there's someone out there writing it already.

The real fuck up are people picking the wrong software to force you into using it.
>>
Blender is a damn good video editor.
>>
>>59927893
>what are flight sims
>what is radar tracking software
>what is record management software
>what is speech to text
>what is email classification software
>what is USB authorisation software
>what is secure message compatiable with secure handsets
>what is compatibility with scanners and printers out of the box

Nigger do I need to fucking keep going? Obviously you've never worked before, because you'd see how many applications are NOT able to "be achieved by Free Software"
>>
>>59928586
>tfw used to Blender for 3D stuff
>would probably unironically use it as a video editor if the need arises

>>59929265
>what are flight sims
Well there's Flight Gear. It's not great but it's something.
>>
>>59929265

Did I somehow travel in time back to 2006?
>>
>>59929305
>It's not great but it's something
Or, you can PAY and get something great. Wow.
>>
>>59929326
That's not the point here. You want to fly planes on your computer? You can do that using only free software.
>>
>>59927893
Kdenlive is apparently pretty damn good these days. I recall some Linux shows switching to it within the last year or so. It's not a crashy unstable fuck like Pitivi.
>>
>>59929265
>>what are flight sims
There is ACM, it's even listed on the GNU site. Granted it is pretty outdated (pretty sure it uses Motif and K&R syntax), only supports 3 plane types and has overly simple graphics and flight algorithms, but all the "heavy lifting" is basically already there, all that's really needed is to add new features to the individual modules.

>Nigger do I need to fucking keep going? Obviously you've never worked before, because you'd see how many applications are NOT able to "be achieved by Free Software"
99% of productivity needs basically just require an office suite and graphics program, which are already there. Those other things don't exist yet because there isn't sufficient demand to make them a priority. Same reason why Microsoft dropped support for legacy software.
>>
>>59929352
We aren't talking about my computer.

These are applications I have to install regularly doing IT for defence.
>>
>>59929326
>you can PAY and get something great
You can pay for free software too. Free software just means that legally obtaining the software grants you the right to view the software's source code in a human-readable form, and to modify to suit your needs. This is also why proprietary commercial software is more costly than the pricetag indicates. Maybe a proprietary software package costs only $5.99. That's not much, almost anyone can spare that much. Yet, you are not only giving up the value of $5.99 in purchasing the software, but also, in comparison to free software, you are also giving up the right to modify and examine the software.
>>
>>59929403
You really think the Department of Defense is using proprietary flight sims? Do you realize how idiotic that is?
>>
>>59929417
I don't think they are; I know they are.

Their current battle sim manager is an arma2 spin off.
>>
>>59927893
Openshot and Kdenlive are both perfectly viable video editors and they are both FOSS
>>
Pitvi
>>
>>59929484
Are you also trained in gorilla warfare?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.