[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people say programming is hard? It's easy as fuck,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: 1481475079112.jpg (159KB, 854x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481475079112.jpg
159KB, 854x640px
Why do people say programming is hard? It's easy as fuck, basically paint by numbers. You don't need any math and any advanced algo you'd need is already made.
>>
It's not. That's why 6 month bootcamps are replacing 4 year CS degrees. People are finally waking up.
>>
>>59925584
>4 year CS degree being equivalent to some dipshit writing things in python
>>
try and survive in a job that isn't web portfolios and wordpress themes
>>
>>59925600
Bootcamps have better employment rates than most colleges. I laugh at your buyer's remorse.
>>
>any advanced algo you'd need is already made
Except, of course, when it's not. Or it has been implemented in a way that is not usable with the data you have, so you have to re-implement it with a few tweaks.
>>
>>59925661
>most colleges
Colleges that don't have an internship as a requirement for graduation are meme colleges.
>>
>>59925661
That's because the majority of people who go to bootcamps are existing developers who are looking for a career change.
>>
>>59925661
That's because CS degrees attract autistic antisocial retards who can't think creatively or interact with humans worth a damm. The company I work for stopped calling back applicants with CS degrees unless there was compelling evidence that we weren't going to be talking to another sweaty, clammy weirdo who would require constant hand-holding because they were too arrogant or socially retarded to ask questions when taking on new work
>>
>>59925661
[citation needed]
>>
>>59925567
Behold! A web developer is born.
>>
>>59925567
Jesus, she really needs to lay off the rows, curls, and overhead press
>>
>Chloe "The Fridge" Moreazz
>>
I know it's stupid, but it's like, despite getting good results in programming courses i've always told myself i'm no good at it and theres probably people better than me to consider it as a career.
>>
>>59925567
> code monkey
>>
>>59925751
There's literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>59925804
>took a few cs courses on the side while getting my BA
>got all A's
>but IRL can't program anything that isn't trivial
>>
>>59925567
fucking no ass
>>
>>59926421
it's a great ass for a girl, it's just totally out of proportion with her linebacker shoulders
>>
Nobody says programming is hard. Any pajeet can program.
Now, programming well is hard.
>>
99% of learning programming as an undergrad has been thinking about how to make something work step by step and then googling the proper syntax to do it.

I'll be taking data structures and assembly language next semester though, so that sounds fun.
>>
>>59925567
Because I have absolute non-working creative thought
>>
>>59925567
You are not a programmer. You are a code monkey.
>>
>>59925567
Why is this bitch's body so fucked up?
>>
On universities you really learn much more than just a programming.
advanced algorithms, data structers, databases, balanced trees, system arhitecture...
>>
Is Game Programming still viable?
>>
>>59925567
Well, quite frankly, most people are unable to think logically.
>>
>>59927437
It will always be viable.
>>
>>59925567
See >>59927680

>>59927437
No.
>>
>>59926894
What fucking university do you learn both data structures and assembly during the same semester?
>>
>>59927702
Why wouldn't you? They are pretty unrelated so it doesn't really matter in which order you do the two.
>>
>>59925567
>bahbee's first HelloWorld.exe
Shit stains like you are the reason so much software today is slow, buggy shit.
>>
>>59927702
I don't think they're usually taken the same semester, but I transferred in from a community college, so my schedule is a little awkward.
>>
>>59925715
citation?
wait till u graduate n hit the market
>>
>>59925699

oh god we are having this issue with some dude at my job. Used to do another science field and now he's like 30 ish and looking to get into programming. He's not bad, he can actually understand concepts but his mind is closed as fuck. He can't take criticism for shit. Sometimes you just wanna punch him in the face
>>
>>59927880
you're the issue
>>
>>59925567
why does her back look like quasi modo?
>>
>>59925567
Programming is problem solving but most important start from 0 and with your problem solving skills and programming language knowledge / computer knowledge and other fields of expertise solve a complex problem for daily problems or enterprise level.

If you're a coder - you just have to paint by numbers because you will take the work of a programmer and maintain it without much brain activity.
>>
>>59925661
>every position nowadays requiring a minimum BS from an accredited university

Yeah, nah. I'm a trust fund babby anyways, you think I'd have buyers' remorse with paid internship experience and zero student loans?
>>
>>59927788
> trust me, I'm totally not making shit up
>>
>>59925567
Everyone says everything is hard. That is how you stay in business.
What you find is that most jobs can be done by other people. You are not unique and there is nothing so hard about your job that makes other people incapable of doing it.

But we all have different jobs.
We get paid differently and we train for different things.
It is good because it gives us a separation in what tasks we must accomplish.

Say I was a new hire and they had to make a new office so I could do my job.
As a programmer, I wouldn't expect they made me put up drywalls, did the electricity or even bought the computer.
I could do all these things, I know how to do them, but that is not my job.

As for "programming is hard" it is to some people. If you look at a degree that is focused on programming, you spend approximately 2-5% of it learning to program.
So obviously you could learn that portion in a bootcamp.

Learning to solve problems with programming is a completely different thing.
>>
>>59925567
>You don't need any math and any advanced algo you'd need is already made.
You're the reason we need octa-cores to run fucking Facebook. Go kill yourself before you produce offspring.
>>
If I have absolutely no experience whatsoever with programming, would I do well in a 6 month bootcamp?
>>
File: 2XCS4eO.gif (720KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
2XCS4eO.gif
720KB, 500x315px
>>59925567
please read
>>59926981

Fucking this. If you don't use math when you program, you're a webdev or a code monkey.

Real engineers use programming as a tool to solve bigger problems.
>>
>>59925567
because in the real world you don't get to do everything your way. it's one thing to make a program that does X. It's another thing to modify a pre-existing program to do X without fucking up any of the pre-existing functionality and without making it into an even bigger steaming pile of garbage.
>>
>>59933037
this desu
>>
File: Mercedes_GLE_Coupe_(20811758863).jpg (221KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes_GLE_Coupe_(20811758863).jpg
221KB, 1200x800px
>>59925567
>Mercedes GLE
what an ugly car
>>
>>59925567
That's one strange body for a girl.
>>
>>59925567
Because glueing libraries together isn't programming.
Basically anyone that says you don't need any math or says programming is easy has never used anything else than Python + libs or even never made something himself.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.