[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i have 1 week to learn at least two of the following to an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1415118812916.png (2MB, 1920x1080px)
1415118812916.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
so i have 1 week to learn at least two of the following to an adequate level:
Java
Javascript
PHP
SQL
C#
C

i already know some basic C#, but that's about it.

which would /g/ recommend i start with first?

i've been given this week and next week off from work to do this (this week preparation time for the internal assessment next wednesday, the week after for second assessment)

also, i will be sent to complete a microsoft certification exam the week after should i pass the company's internal assessment.
>>
You have no chance.
>>
>>59918254
worth a try though. it's between this and losing my job, so i'm not going to just lie back and give up.
>>
>>59918236
Java and C# are similar enough, maybe that's your best bet.
>>
"I lied on my resume"
>>
>>59918267
Thanks, i was leaning towards those aswell. i'll give em a try
>>
>>59918274
/thread
>>
File: Learn_C_in_21_days.png (152KB, 744x638px) Image search: [Google]
Learn_C_in_21_days.png
152KB, 744x638px
Follow this step by step plan and you will be able to do it!
>>
>>59918274
no, i'm a UAT software test engineer. my job doesn't require me to know any coding at all. but company is downsizing, and moving towards devs and business analysts doing their own UAT, so i have to move into either business analysis or development.
>>
>>59918236
C# and SQL. They go well together, and SQL is fairly easy, especially with C# and its LINQ (language integrated queries)

I still think you're in deep shit, but with these two you have a chance.
>>
>>59918293
this kind of stuff is just stupid my man

i can fake my way into getting a job as a c programmer by talking about how similar it is to c++ and how i use c++ all the time and whatever, but then at the end of the day im stuck at a shitty (probably) embedded systems job writing shitty c code

you're setting yourself up to fail or be unhappy if you fake your qualifications just to be adequate, i dont suggest doing this unless you really need money or you actually want to learn programming
>>
>>59918318
well it is temporary. job market is harsh in my country at the moment, mostly because the market is flooded with indian imports, so i'll just be sticking around in this company until i can get something else, which may be a couple of years. i came from welding, and can't go back due to injuries sustained, but if push comes to shove, i can do it privately to get by. in the meantime though, doesn't hurt to self-improve and try to move forward in life
>>
File: design_patterns.jpg (93KB, 520x648px) Image search: [Google]
design_patterns.jpg
93KB, 520x648px
>>59918354
start looking for a good book and hit it hard,
Learn C the hard way is often recommended but your best bet is figuring out what you are more interested in and hitting the books hard.
>>
>>59918427
DESU since i started looking into C# i found it kinda fun. think i'm gonna be taking this coding thing seriously.

also, is this the book you're talking about?

https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Hard-Way-Practical-Computational/dp/0321884922/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492342981&sr=8-1&keywords=learn+c+the+hard+way
>>
You're boned mate. Good luck in the job market.
>>
>>59918236
1 week?
You can't even learn anything in 1 week to say you "know" any language.
Stop saying you know a language when you can't even write a simple program in it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.