[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there suddenly so many rabid anti-C posters here? Nowadays,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1486102457446.jpg (27KB, 460x522px) Image search: [Google]
1486102457446.jpg
27KB, 460x522px
Why are there suddenly so many rabid anti-C posters here? Nowadays, you look in the catalog and there's "muh vulnerabilities" threads on the daily, anyone asking questions about C gets shit on, and /dpt/ seems to have its own squad of fags waiting to jump on anyone who even mentions the language. Now, I don't frequent /g/ as much as I used to since it became consumerism and tech support hell a long while ago, (which the mods have still declined to do anything about,) and as such the influx of ebin keyboard warriors who can't understand anything that isn't behind seven layers of abstraction shouldn't really surprise me, but the lengths at which these people go to disparage C is quite something.
>>
i didnt read your post but they're just baiting, due to the popularity of C on this board. the actual "anti-C zealots" will appear in about six to eight months, once some newfriends pick up on that as the hot meme and internalize it into their belief structure
>>
webdevs mad that they don't understand C

rustdevs mad that C doesn't have a CoC
>>
>>59912891
C is totally okay. The only ones advocating for its destruction are retarded manchildren who can't bother to use a debugger and static analyzer.
>>
C is bullshit it doesn't even have overloaded string operators
>>
>>59912891
rustshills are fucking EVERYWHERE

it's getting really obnoxious
>>
>>59912891
How can we ban webdev and redirect them to stack overflow ?
>>
>>59912891
It's actually just one guy, an ignorant nut with too much free time.
>>
>>59912891
their brain can't handle pointers
>>
they're from Reddit and don't realize that cute anime is the foundation of 4chan
>>
>>59914513
This.
Every one of these threads with 75 % rust or d shilling will have 170 or so replies and about 20 unique posters.
Really gets the noggin' joggin'.
>>
File: 1440007132587.jpg (170KB, 1280x856px) Image search: [Google]
1440007132587.jpg
170KB, 1280x856px
>Giving a single fuck about what /g/ says
Most of them are cs dropout brainlets who rice their desktop so they can pretend to be le epin hackers
>>
Speaking of C, what's the sanest way to perform code/algorithm reuse in C? I don't want to have to write my own data structures from scratch for every instance of me using them.
>>
>>59912891
>Kernighan: Go is a very good general purpose language, and we would have no hesitation about using it for any new task. [...] I personally would use it for anything where in the past I might have used C or Java or C++.
>>
>>59914579
I would suck this guy's dick. Name?
>>
File: 1491576859028.png (339KB, 387x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491576859028.png
339KB, 387x550px
They're mad that they can't figure it out
>>
>>59916177
>image search
>gopnik "girl"

disgusting
>>
>>59912918
This
>>
>>59916028
> what's the sanest way to perform code/algorithm reuse in C?
There is the only way in C
>>
>>59916719
Did you mean rewrite them all the time, write sketchy macros or write an external generator?
>>
>>59912891
because the average pajeet saw some news involving C and think it is the only thing to blame for those vulnerabilities.

People are so retarded they don't even realise 90%(if not more) of the alternative languages you could use for OS-dev are C-based,therefore pointless and irrelevant to program with.
>>
They shut up when you motivate the decisions in C and make sensible arguments for why replacing C as a kernel language is just not feasible unless you're a home user who doesn't have any performance requirements.
Just ignore it.
>>
>>59912891
because the javascript millennial kiddies are buttmad that it's actually a capable and solid language that they couldn't comprehend if their life depended on it.
>>
>still not a single troll in this thread
Now I'm convinced it's just one meme kid like the anti-Arch faggot with "a BMI of like 39."
>>
>>59917105
I think a lot of C hate is leveled at people who unironically think it's suitable for application programming.
>>
Rust won't age well once people start using it for serious stuff. Look at the tokio shit they're doing, an abomination from day 1, code becomes an unreadable mess yet these idiots celebrate it.
>>
>>59918650
>Languages are set in stone after their creation.

If it offers any benefits over C people will use it and the language will improve. If it doesn't something else will come out, but C will be replaced
>>
>>59918802
>C will be replaced
... is what code monkeys have been repeating since before I was born, yet C still is the first language taught in any decent computer engineering school.
>>
>>59918604
It's fine for application programming.
>>
>>59918932
Most of the top ones have moved to Python sadly.
>>
>>59912891
>caring about fluff
How autistic are you?
>>
>>59918650
Rust will die by the end of the year.
>>
>>59918604
It's suitable for application programming. It's just easier to do it in another language.
C really shines in systems programming
>>
>>59912918
more like C doesn't have CoCK in its mouth lmao
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.