[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got this external hdd used. It looked okay apart from the splinter/whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: reduced.jpg (678KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
reduced.jpg
678KB, 1080x1440px
Got this external hdd used. It looked okay apart from the splinter/whatever it is in the pic. The guy let me check on his laptop to see whether it worked, i only had a chance to use the windows stock disk drive options to check for errors, it showed none. When i got home i checked it with CrystalDiskInfo and it showed no errors. Should i be safe to use it now? The damage in the pic doesnt appear to be deep.
>>
dunno myself man but hope someone can help you

god bless
>>
yo dude, like >>59912562 , i also am not sure what to make of it. but im sure fellow anons here will help you out. keep your head up
>>
>>59912231
I'd like to offer some positive advice, but these are uncertain times, and, well, I just don't know the answer. Chin up, lad, I'm certain someone here will help you.
>>
>>59912231
Get HD Tune and do a deep sector check, if it shows nothing it's safe. Also check SMART
>>
>>59912231
fuuuuck dood, that scar looks deep. the platter will start skipping when it reaches that point, stand it on it's side and measure how far the scratch is from the bottom, convert that into a decimal and then conver the the decimal into a fraction. that is the percentage of the drive you can fill up before you will get errors. Convert the fraction back into a decimal, add 00 to the end of the hdd storage ie its
550gb, make it 55000, multiply that by the decimal, then divide by 100 to get the percentage in gb.
>>
>>59912735
>>>59912231 (OP)
>I'd like to offer some positive advice, but these are uncertain times, and, well, I just don't know the answer. Chin up, lad, I'm certain someone here will help you.

Let me introject: A drive can be brused from dropping while it may reduce its useful life by 50%. Not to worry, in 3 years, a drive 4x the size will be 1/2 as cheap. so run it as a main drive for a few years, then rip it out, and use it as a scratch drive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch_monkey
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.