[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's going to happen when general purpose computers fall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: uuuuuuh.gif (1MB, 450x540px) Image search: [Google]
uuuuuuh.gif
1MB, 450x540px
What's going to happen when general purpose computers fall out of fashion and the only thing left are locked down "convertible" tablets with locked bootloaders that only run windows or some android rom?

Because you can't really write actual software on these things, no matter how hard you try.
Am I going to have to jailbreak my own computer to get root access in 10 years from now?
>>
No, you'll use old hardware. Ten year old computers are not only in great working condition today, but they don't feel obsolete to use either.
>>
>>59912005
>limited amount of old computers
>everyone buys them up
>they all become collectible and their value skyrockets

what now
>>
>>59911981
>Am I going to have to jailbreak my own computer to get root access in 10 years from now?
we do seem to be headed for that

don't expect to be able to just swap your sata storage for another sata storage or anything either

shit sucks
>>
>>59912015
Start hoarding computers today. Then when the techofascists take over, you can sell them to anarchocyberpunks for synth opiates.
>>
>>59911981
Normalfags don't write software.
You'll have to pay far more for some "workstation" to get an actually usable computer, just like in the 1980s and early 1990s. Why? Because demands will be really low.
>>
It's going to be a gradual shift. The recent BIOS changes are a sign of things to come.
>>
File: samsung-dex-galaxy-s8-17[1].jpg (63KB, 830x467px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-dex-galaxy-s8-17[1].jpg
63KB, 830x467px
>>59911981
>Because you can't really write actual software on these things

There's no reason someone can't write an IDE for phones and tablets.

Hell in the future you might even be able to code Android apps on your Android phone.
>>
>>59912005
>ten year old computers
>2005
>>59912015
>2015
whoa, Kek is trying to communicate
>>
>>59911981
>>59911981
>Am I going to have to jailbreak my own computer to get root access in 10 years from now?

wont even be that long

efi + SGX/arm trustzone and etc. all the pieces are in play now, no one heeded the warning.

who cares now anyway, FOSS is shot through with sjws already. tech was as scam.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.