[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true in Japan you can buy retro games consoles and hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: received_1288332817927515.jpg (7KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
received_1288332817927515.jpg
7KB, 233x216px
Is it true in Japan you can buy retro games consoles and hardware for dirt cheap, I have a friend who says you can buy gameboys in mint condition for fuck all because the Japs don't believe in "retro".
>>
>>59909492
This is probably better suited for >>>/vr/, but whatever. Your friend was right about 5-8 years ago or so. These days, there's been a pickup in retro playing/collecting in Japan. It's certainly not some huge craze, but it's also not the problem. The problem is that retro collecting *outside* of Japan *is* a huge craze, and people have been looking at the Japanese stuff a lot more seriously in the last couple of years. A fair number of the old and reliable haunts in places like Akiba are starting to look pretty barren, as large amounts of their stock are being bought and exported to North America, Europe, or fuckall where else. In any case, Japan certainly isn't the import collector's utopia that it was a few years ago. Not even close. The locals are starting to go hunting in much less obvious places outside of the bigger cities, as the supply is quickly drying up.
>>
>>59910288
This is part of the reason why, but similar to the west electronic and used video game stores got hit hard the past few years economically and phones have killed a large chunk of the video game market in general in Japan. People keep waiting for a Japanese gaming "revival" but it's not happening.
>>
>>59910332
The OP is specifically speaking to retro gaming though, which has it's own unique set of problems mostly unrelated to retail stores and keitai culture. The real problem, at least in Japan, is that a LOT of the stock is floating overseas to collectors looking for something affordable to buy.
>>
the only good retro console is a snes. even then, there is only a handful of good games.
>>
I've saw a vlog of some waito piggu visitng game shops in some apparently famous street in Tokyo and it does appear to be so.the rows were stocked with consoles in clear plastic. He bought a dreamcast, nes, snes, and gboy color and was commenting on the quality and price being too good to be true.
>>
>>59909492
/vr/ you massive cocksucking faggot.
>>
I would buy a shit load of things and sell them over here for a lot of money. I bet you could make some good profit.
>>
I don't know about electronics but I know old cameras go for a fucking fortune in Japan, they appreciate good technology and will charge the standard market rates for them
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.