[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this R51 Thinkpad that I bought with a dock, charger and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: r51.jpg (7KB, 225x150px) Image search: [Google]
r51.jpg
7KB, 225x150px
I have this R51 Thinkpad that I bought with a dock, charger and replacement battery for the grand total of $20 CAD. What should I do with it? Reinstall XP or Linux?
>>
Either install Lubuntu or POSReady 2009
Considering that most software isn't updated for XP any more, I'd go with linux
Also get 2GB RAM and clean the fan, apply new thermal paste
>>
>>59905546
thanks for reply anon
guessing theres guides on how to disassemble this somewhere
>>
>>59905546
>>59905567
Also be careful to not pick it up holding only the edges or sides, these thinkpads are prone to break inside when you do that
Don't expect anything fast, it only has a slow pentium M
>>
What should I do with a Thinkpad r31 I got 4free?
>>
>>59905698
Install XP and some old gaymes
Install linux just for fun
Use it as a server/seedbox
>>
>>59905519
clean the cum crusts first
>>
>>59905546
I have nothing against lxde/lxqt but I find myself not using a lot of the software Lubuntu comes with and either using CLI tools or installing other gui alternatives.

For an old thinkpad I think I would go with ubuntu netinstall and then install all the software I want on top of it.
>>
Install Haiku OS
>>
>>59905848
you are funny, this joke is very original. Did your mom's boyfriend tell you this jokes when cuddling at night with you?
>>
>>59906020
go for something lighter like awesome, bspwn, i3 and then install shit you need to.
>>
>>59907209
Yea my REAL(which happens to be my mom's bf also) dad told me not to buy thinkpads second hand cause they're all full with cum crusts from no life nerds.
>>
>>59905698
Paperweight
>>
>>59905546
Don't forget that there's an Unofficial Service Pack 4 for XP. It installs all updates for Service Pack 3, adds a registry hack that lets you receive POSReady updates and BitLocker To Go.
>>
>>59908155
I've been using it to hold my monitor up so far, just didn't know if it was even worth doing anything with, I mean it works, it boots into XP
>>
>>59907283
Come back when you're 18.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.