[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the big deal with SAP? What does their product that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (50KB, 1200x612px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
50KB, 1200x612px
What's the big deal with SAP? What does their product that others can't?
>>
It can do everything so managers love it
It does everything extremely shitty, so the actual users hate it.
>>
>>59903830
I'm almost positive that SAP was concieved by mouse manufacturers as a means to ensure people wore out their product, forcing them to buy a new one. It's the worst U.I. I have ever experienced, totally unintuitive.
>>
>>59903830
Everywhere around here, they are searching for so-called SAP-Programmers and guess what I always thought this was shit. Good to see that the first few posts in this thread think the same, at least I know I am not alone. Not gonna do anything with SAP.
>>
>>59903830
It's the oldest most mature ERP. It can integrate with pretty much anything and manage pretty much any kind of large business.

The big thing that SAP does and few other do is manage tax codes and accounting charter for companies in multiple countries.
>>
>>59903830
I have a friend that do SAP consulting and earns $250k/yr. Travels every 5 weeks.
>>
>>59904420
I know that it pays well, that's why I was wondering what it is, I've worked in IT for 4 years and I've never used SAP or even seen what SAP looks like.
>>
SAP : stop all production.
>>
For small businesses nothing - complete overkill. For huge enterprises - it can do literary everything, it has shit ton of "modules". It's also the most ugly shit created by humans and only couple years back they started to shill proper frontends - Fiori, OpenUI 5. Most of the time companies write front-ends themselves for stuff like T&E and whatever generic office user would not be able to handle but they are so behind... - still integrating services over SOAP for instance. It's also utter crap to manage as far as technical things go like certificates. But for the business side of things - I can't think of a scenario it doesn't support or that you wouldn't be able to extend for your needs.

And you can earn godawful money as a consultant if you're ok with dealing with bigwigs and travelling a lot. Being a functional consultant usually = more money than being a developer (corporations usually outsource dev stuff either way).
>>
>>59903830
It has support for all kind of stupid business rules. Envision companies that manufacture titanium ziplocks for big ocean fishing products. Assume that it's established practice that with every sold product, a donkey is thrown in for free. And now tax has to be calculated under relevant tax laws for 70 markets. SAP has support for that kind of bullshit...
>>
>>59905592
>so behind... - still integrating services over SOAP for instance.
So what is replacing SOAP? I really don't know since I haven't gotten my hands dirty the stuff since the early 00's when all the implementations were janky as shit. I know Visual Studio and other high end IDEs will provide code generators to abstract away any of the nitty gritty provided the vendor isn't a dipstick about providing the necessary description files. Gnu help you if you have to do anything by hand with the stuff.
>>
I love SAP
Sure its ugly but it just werkz

Compare it to say, salesforce which is a fucking bitch ass fuckhead shitter designed for toddlers
>>
File: SAP_mug.jpg (20KB, 421x442px) Image search: [Google]
SAP_mug.jpg
20KB, 421x442px
Our JDE environment was so fucking sweet. Then our new corporate overlords made us shitcan it and implement fucking SAP. Shitisnotcash.
>>
File: 1443927645011.gif (2MB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
1443927645011.gif
2MB, 448x252px
>>59905816
>shitter designed for toddlers
This is what you end up with when you try to field requirements from actual business people and keep getting nonsense and bullshit back.
>we want domain specific business logic over the general interface
>we want random-ass piece of information on display from 3/4 across the system AFTER you built and deployed the main interface
>we're too busy to provide feedback on anything that isn't production
>we can't make sense of all the shit we asked you put on the interface, fix it
Here's your Fischer Price piece of shit...
>omg, it's amazing!!!one
Software development was a mistake.
>>
>>59905816
Both Salesforce and SAP are good when you don't need to customise. When you start to customise that where the shit hits the fan. Especially when you customise stuff because of some stupid requirement rooted in a shit business process that makes no sense to begin with...
>>
What does it even do?

I've never seen their software at work
>>
>>59906061
>What does it even do?
Grab yourself a comfy blanket and read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterprise_resource_planning

tl;dr version: just about anything business managed you can think up.
This stuff is too big and unwieldy for startups and shitshops, but bigger companies are going to want a digital management backend system.
>>
>>59904420
I live in the city where SAP are located, a friend who worked there used to tell me all the time about how people would be paid huge sums of money for what was mostly dossing around.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.