[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ is the XPS 15 still the best Windows laptop on the market?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: iJknoz8.jpg (59KB, 965x492px) Image search: [Google]
iJknoz8.jpg
59KB, 965x492px
Hey /g/ is the XPS 15 still the best Windows laptop on the market?
Gonna buy a laptop in the next week or so
>>
pls respond
>>
Depends on your personal preferences/ needs
>>
I bought the one w the 960m, i7, and 250 ssd and I love it. Was playing rainbow six siege last night on high at around 65-70 fps.
>>
>15 inch
>laptop
xps 13 is
>>
>>59896386
What's wrong with considering 15in a laptop?
>>
>>59896386

*XPS 13 9630 FHD.
>>
>>59896386
>coil whine

>>59896401
Portability
Do you really want to carry around a 15" ?
>>
>>59895865
this or a modded t430?
>4k (99% adobe rgb) vs 2k (99% srgb)
>i7 7700HQ vs 3632QM
>gtx 1050 vs nvs 5400m
>$1700 vs $600

which one?
>>
>>59895865
does it run windows 7 well?
>>
>>59896401
But laptops don't necessarily have to be portable, just small enough to fit on your lap, hence the name LAP-top.
>>
>>59896472
T430, less than half the price but less horsepower. Its a daily driver for officework/notes? fine
Do you plan on gaming intensively? Nope
Movie watching? Probably fine on both if you use their according res for the movie.
>>
>>59896436
the xps 15 has a frame of like 14,1" tho. It 15 inch is the screen measure you retard, which is a diagonal.
>>
>>59896530
and xps 13 has the frame of 11 inch laptop
meaning it is comfy as fuck to use literally everywhere
you cant compare portability of 13 to 15
>>
>>59896508
what about your TOP
>>
File: 1491895130858.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1491895130858.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
>>59895865
reminder.
>>
>>59896570
Yup my friend has the 13, it's really small and compact
>>
>>59896580
>harder for nsa face recognition ai to find you
how is this a con?
>>
>>59896512
i'm planning on using it for graphical work in photoshop and some video editing. so I'm good?
>>
>>59896436
Anywhere my laptop goes my backpack goes with it. So I don't really care about the size difference.
I also use it for long periods of time so I'd rather have the larger screen.
>>
>>59895865
>15" 16:9 display
It never was.
>>
>>59897202
well meme'd
>>
>>59897763
There are no memes in my post.
>>
>>59896386
>dual core
corelets, when will they learn? U series processors are dogshit
>>
>>59897771
Wink wink nudge nudge
>>
>>59897785
Quit shitposting.

>>59897783
It's a laptop.
>>
No, the lenovo yoga 720 is and the top model retails for 1000$ less than dells
>>
>>59897783
HQ or bust
>>
>>59897802
I like the xps for the build quality desu
>>
>>59897019
If the T430 is IPS you are fine mate.
>>
>>59895865
Typing this from a new FHD 9560
Seems to be the most balanced around. Sure there's the Spectre but that's a U processor instead of a real quad core.

There are also some Lenovo's but none really pack all that the XPS has in such a compact body.

Get a current gen just for the large difference between 960m and 1050 in GFX.

Only thing I have to get used to is the key travel, otherwise this seems as good as I could ask for.

Try the Dell Outlet chat for a possible discount or saving. And if you are really short in budget the refurbs I got have been very good (3/3 no issues so far)
>>
>board hates Macs
>but loves fake carbon fiber meme bezel ULV shittop which is over $1,000 for raw specs
>does not even have a custom OS like a Mac
>company has no software division whatsoever
>same price as a Mac for half the package

Holy shit, you're all dumb as fuck. How can you get swindled so hard? The best Windows laptop on the market is still any xx30 machine or below. Possibly the P50 too.
>>
>>59901186
>same price as a Mac for half the package
You had me until you added this bullshit
>>
What's the best laptop for someone who likes long battery, good screen and values serviceability and performance over muh thinness? Also no numpads, fuck them. I know it must have some compromises but something must be the best in these, even if they all would kinda suck.
>>
>>59901295
Gigabyte Aero 14
>>
>>59901271

>bullshit

Are you that inept that you can't even visit 2 fucking websites and look at similarly specced machines? The hilarious thing is that even the more expensive than last year's MacBooks are well within BOM expense range to the Dell because of the size of Apple's purchasing power and their long investments in shit like beautiful low glare displays and CNC machining. A fucking WINDOWS laptop over $1,000, THAT DOESN'T play children's games and isn't a workstation. You're a fucking idiot if you'd go for it and you deserve to get swindled. Dell has nothing special, nothing custom. Apple have spent years buying tonnes of companies to make next to everything in-house. In-house OS, SSD controller, various crucial chips, housings, practically everything is custom.

Yet Dell charge you the same price for some off the shelf components in a not-even-proper carbon fiber case with no real demograph target. Professional? No. Casual? No. Does not warrant the price. If you're going to have a Windows machine, its ThinkPad or nothing. I'm not even a Macfag, yet. I do however have 4 ThinkPads.

Its amazing how little a 'Technology' board knows about laptops which are well documented. Waddle back to your containment board. >>>/v/
>>
>>59901428
Find me a MacBook with equivalent specs as the highest end XPS 15 for equal or less money.
>>
>>59901523

It doesn't work like that you underage cunt. From the get-go at base the Mac has things the Dell can't have at any configuration. I would rather use the MBP's display connected to a fucking rPi than use the Dell. You'll never get it because you're too fucking stupid to properly compare things and realize when some things have no challenge. You can't get the MBP's support, SSD, screen, trackpad, build, OS, ecosystem of working products, by selecting options at Dell's checkout.

Compared to other Windows machines the Dell is still a piece of shit which probably has a higher markup than Apple RAM. ThinkPad or bust. Take your nu-/g/ meme gimmick laptops away from this board. One thousand freedombucks+ for some average Windows laptop barely different from some Walmart $350 shit. Are you stupid?
>>
>>59901591
Oh what's that? You can't find one? Not surprised.

Moving on...
>>
>Hey /g/ is the XPS 15 still the best Windows laptop on the market?

Protip: there is no such thing as a best laptop, period, running any OS of any kind for any and all people which would be the requirement to be considered "best."

What's best for me is not best for you or anyone else, hence there can never be such a product.

Now get the fuck out.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.