[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Apple steals an idea that never took off (home PC, portable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IBM_ThinkPad_700T_brochurecrop.jpg (296KB, 1280x909px) Image search: [Google]
IBM_ThinkPad_700T_brochurecrop.jpg
296KB, 1280x909px
>Apple steals an idea that never took off (home PC, portable digital music player, smartphone, tablet, etc.)
>it becomes wildly successful and sets a new paradigm for the industry
>the only exception is the smartwatch

What will be the next big paradigm shift that Apple will lead by stealing an old idea?
>>
>>59887928
Who cares? No idea is every truly original. Get over it
>>
Well they also made the Newton thing and that kinda didn't take off.

>smartphone
Also smartphones were plenty popular before Apple, they just changed the market (they used to be fancy phones with multimedia capabilities or business-oriented capabilities where you could install applications, then they became "mini PC:s" when iOS and Android became more capable)

Anyway, I'm, doubtful whether they'll be able to pull another one. It has been a while.
>>
>>59887961
/thread
>>
>>59888053
And what was the big change Apple made to smartphones? Basically the touch screen, really. You no longer had to choose between a number keyboard (shit for computing, the phones were usually oriented at multimedia stuff) or a QWERTY (big phones, usually very business-oriented to the point of being shitty even as MP3 players)
>>
>>59888092
Not the touchscreen, the multitouch capacitive touchscreen. Smartphones had touchscreens for years before the iPhone.
>>
>>59888092
And it wasn't the first touch screen phone, either. But the old ones were usually resistive + stylus and had a very awkward OS, usually, more fit for pure PDA tasks than phone'ing.

They just made mobile phone computing a lot more user-friendly.
>>
The big change was the app store.
>>
>>59887928
I use devices that work well for some purpose I need. I don't give a shit about "originality".
>>
>>59888111
btw, anyone remember how when the iPhone first came out, it was actually arguably not a smartphone at that point

it did not have app capability at launch and that used to be the defining point: can you install dedicated apps made specifically for the OS?
>>
Stealing is not the same thing as innovating.
>>
>>59888092
they merged the ipod with the smartphone
>>
File: apple-pippin[1].jpg (52KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
apple-pippin[1].jpg
52KB, 1280x853px
>>59887928
>>
>>59888163
>idea that never took off
>>
>>59888196
>implying disc-based consoles had already taken off at the time
>>
>>59887928
Not really.
>>
>>59888230
>implying consoles hadn't already taken off years before it
>>
File: 4J5v3uO.png (35KB, 636x515px) Image search: [Google]
4J5v3uO.png
35KB, 636x515px
>>59888230
>PIPPIN was released in 1995
>Sony Playstation was released in 1994
>>
>>59887928
>idea that never took off
>home PC, portable digital music player
This is what itoddlers actually believe.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.