[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is nanotechnology advancing so slowly? You'd think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Nanotechnology.jpg (234KB, 731x408px) Image search: [Google]
Nanotechnology.jpg
234KB, 731x408px
Why is nanotechnology advancing so slowly?
You'd think there would be more interest in make the smallest machines possible.
>>
>>59886902
It isn't, or actually it is.

Kinda hard to compare it to anything though.
>>
>>59886902
You'd think that but phones keep getting bigger
>>
>>59886902
Nowadays the world is all about profitability.

I am sure we can be way further ahead if more money would be pumped into this field.
>>
>>59886950
Your can compare it to steel, and that took almost two thousand years to get to mass production and efficiency.
>>
>>59886902
They are supressing it because it would make hardware free and self repairing.
>>
>You'd think there would be more interest in make the smallest machines possible.

You now realize that the 3.5mm audio jack is the only thing keeping us from making the smallest machines possible.
>>
>>59887073
>>59887734

these. nanotech would solve a lot of problems that are far more profitable being maintained by current technology. we could have a clean planet, tons of food, free electricity and immortality by now if it wasn't for ((them))
>>
>>59886902
>OP hasn't read Smalley Drexler letters.

Don't confuse nanomachines and nanotechnology OP.

There's progress toward nanomachines OP, but don't think them as robots or with some viable real world application.

Now, regarding nanotechnology, there's a lot of progress, it's just a different way to label nano engineered physicochemistry or surface chemistry, kek, but normies don't know that nanomachines is just a unviable fancy subset of nanotechnology.
>>
>>59888074
>Don't confuse nanomachines and nanotechnology OP.
>There's progress toward nanomachines OP, but don't think them as robots or with some viable real world application.

People do the same thing with A.I. and robots.
good post m8
>>
>>59887973
>apple has it all figured out
>>
Carbon nanotubes are horrible as pollutants and clog uo lung like mesothelioma. And anything built on the nanoscale will make prolific use of them.

So imagine a future where everything is made from asbestos and incredibly slick and shiny and compact. That is a terrible future.
>>
>>59886902
Because the only money in nanotechnology comes with medicine and spying. And there's no reason to use it for spying because you can just use routine hacking methods. And with medicine there's more profit with making half assed drug cocktails than using nanobots.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.