[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the /technology/ that makes this anti-crack protecti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (25KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
25KB, 620x320px
What is the /technology/ that makes this anti-crack protection so good.

There are gaymes as far back as 2015 that haven't been cracked!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo
>>
>>59875830
Games nobody gives a fuck will hardly attract crackers.
>>
>>59876032
You must be crazy. Nier;Automata has like 9.6/10 from gaymers and nobody has cracked it yet.
>>
Are you surprised people who made their names cracking steam games can't crack denuvo?
>>
>>59876168
it's been out for less than a month, give it time
>>
Well, like TAGÈS, they have a marketing team, you can tell because of all the shilling!

It's a post-process executable wrapper with a whitebox AES implementation for obfuscation, with callbacks and multiple checksums.

It carries along with it (and can optionally call back online to) a mutation engine that can customise the crypter, shuffling it around to personalise/watermark it, and that has some gadgets which rely on very specific bugs/errata in the CPU model and stepping being run on, so the exe is no longer portable - generally happens on or near install and first run, but some early software running it did stupid things like calling the watermarker in the callback, the result of which would be that the main exe would continuously relink itself (which would mean a lot of CPU usage spikes locking the threads causing frame latency hiccups, and frequently overwritten sectors wearing out SSDs).

So, nothing that wasn't already attackable to broken 15 years ago in theory, with the right experience and tools. If I was mounting a serious attack, I'd need proper sources with several copies, I'd use hardware CPU debug tools and a small zoo of different CPUs with different steppings to run the type 0 hypervisors on (tricky, but easier than a debugger/simulator accurate enough to reproduce the errata sheets well), sidechannels on the whitebox to extract the key, and if feeling fancy, a whole-program superoptimiser pass to unwrap and dewatermark the whole thing.

Thing is, a lot of the talent left the old scene in the last decade - some of whom actually founded this company - and a lot of the new blood are kinda unskilled and newbish. Many of them have never seen anything like this, they weren't around through SafeDisc and StarForce or any of the exotic dongle protections, they're 0x90/dumping kiddies or imports from the courier scene, which is fine for entry-level stuff but they're not exactly Radium or 4am, know what I'm saying?
>>
>>59876247
Wow your realy smart anon
>>
>>59876168
People either crack it or give up. I believe just cause 2 took like half a year to crack because people start and don't finish or something
Even denuvo admits "it's just a matter of time", they're just there to prevent release-day piracy and save the 90% of profits made until the game is eventually cracked
And yeah, it's been a fucking month calm down and buy the damn game
>>
>>59876168
Nier automata got a "blunder of the century"/10 by the PC market because muh fps
>>
>>59876394
their autists who care more about framerate and graphics settings then whether the game is good
>>
>>59876394
Bullshit, the user rating is extremely high still. I ignore "expert" critics, only look for actual users and only if they are 100+.
>>
>>59876394
I believe the rating was 900p/10
>>
>>59875830
what is more interesting regarding denuvo would be the question, does or does not equals to more sales? and of course there's no way to answer it.

you can't squeeze juice from a rock. poor people, whom are the most users of cracked games can't, and won't spend money on games instead of food or rent. sure, there must be cheapstakes that will use cracked games instead of buying even if they have the money, but it is not comparable to the amount of poor people in the planet.

and of course, people will say "fuck poor people", but don't realize they are just an accident away (or simply bad luck) of being poor.

denuvo is pointless.
>>
>>59876523
Poor people still buy games and hate denuvo
A pirated game isn't a "sale"
>>
>>59876523
>if they make piracy impossible then they lose all their profit!
>>
Anyone knows a way to inject custom lua scripts in a Stingray based game? It looks like settings.ini only accepts sources stored in the package
>>
>>59876563
>denuvo is free of charge
>>
>>59876168
Literally what game?
>>
>>59876774
Anime fighting game
You know
Like all of them
>>
>>59876787
How many famous games are anime fighting games? I feel like I've been out of the loop
>>
>>59876168
people rarely crack games that REQUIRE online for parts of the game
>>
>>59876823
Nier automata
>>
>>59876865
So just one?
>>
>>59876861
>require
Dead bodies could've easily been left out and the spoiler at the end could just be a static file desu, it's like those situations where people push online features so they have an excuse for online-only play
>>
>>59876880
Yeah that's the only one
>>
>>59876774
It's a game about cute android doing android things.
>>
>>59876774

https://youtu.be/icOGQTYtyoU
>>
>>59876247

Interesting anon. Recommend any reading materials for n00bs to look at to eventually not be n00bs?
>>
>>59877822
Holy shit, technology.
>>
>>59876168
But it is cracked by CPY
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.