[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any PC screens that can compete with the 5K iMac retina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: intro_fallback_xlarge_2x.jpg (1MB, 2600x1844px) Image search: [Google]
intro_fallback_xlarge_2x.jpg
1MB, 2600x1844px
Are there any PC screens that can compete with the 5K iMac retina display? I've literally never seen better brightness and color depth.

Apple internals are shit but their panels are beautiful, I don't want to one just for the display.
>>
>>59874340
get one from worst korea, just like apple does.
>>
>>59874340
get the LG 5K display or dell 8K.
>>
>>59874362
>LG 5K display
Stop.
>>
>>59874433
Apple itself recommends it and cut off their Cinema Displays from the lineup to market it instead
>>
>>59874362
I just looked up the 5K and what the fuck? It's only got thunderbolt and USB-C ports. It's useless as a PC monitor
>>
>>59874495
The LG 5K display has hardware issues though
Apple might release new displays along with the new Mac Pro later next year.
>>
>>59874652
>hardware issues

sounds like Apple
>>
File: 1465368044443.png (273KB, 1182x765px) Image search: [Google]
1465368044443.png
273KB, 1182x765px
>>59874340
>macshit
>>
>>59876063

I notice that the price on the Dell is conveniently covered by the 10bit graphic. Could that be because that Dell panel alone literally cost more upon release than the 5K iMac?

>>59874652

Had. Had hardware issues. What happened with the LG UltraFine was extremely stupid and embarrassing, but let's be fair here: the issue has been addressed.

>>59874596

Those are just about the only standards that can push 5K properly.
>>
>>59876641
>Had. Had hardware issues. What happened with the LG UltraFine was extremely stupid and embarrassing, but let's be fair here: the issue has been addressed.
bullshit.
the list of problems is long:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/lg-ultrafine-5k-issues-bugs.2024679/page-19#post-24423296
>>
>>59874596
Get an hdmi to mini displayport adapter, should work.
>>
>>59876641
>mactoddler too poor to afford a real professional monitor
>settles for fruity toddler toy consumer trash marketed to gullible retards

wew lad
>>
>>59876753
you do realize it's a Mac-only display?
>System Requirements
>Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.1 or later
>Connection: Thunderbolt 3–enabled Mac
it doesn't even have any OSD controls as you are supposed to do that in macOS.

a 2015 mbp can only drive it at 4k even with the right adapters.
for HDMI to drive 5k, you would need 2.1 that was just published in Jan 2017. there are prolly no PCs or adapters yet.
>>
>>59874340
>I don't want to one just for the display.
4k and 5k iMacs don't support target display mode, so you can't use them just as a display.
need to wait for new iMacs that have TB3, then there should be enough bandwidth available for target display mode.
>>
>>59876036
>LG has hardware issues
>blames Apple
K
>>
Just build your own.

http://progdawn.blogspot.com/2016/05/how-to-turn-old-imac-display-into.html?m=1
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.