[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Build rig a year ago >Did not realize it was running at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: taiga_aisaka.jpg (1MB, 2048x3082px) Image search: [Google]
taiga_aisaka.jpg
1MB, 2048x3082px
>Build rig a year ago
>Did not realize it was running at full speed for an entire year
>Did not know I could switch power mode to balanced on a desktop PC
Any other wonderful tricks I can do with windows 10? I'm retarded
>>
>full speed
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>59872488
Shit was running at full [spoiler]clock speed[/spoiler] even when idle
>>
>>59872494
That's fine
>>
>>59872494
You mean you have to manually switch that behaviour on windows?
>>
>>59872509
Wouldn't that eat electricity?
>>59872514
Probably I just found this shit out.
>>
>>59872455
Why would you want balanced?
That is a laptop/mobile device function to save battery
Unless you get getting jewed hard on electricity, put "power mode" back on
>>
>>59872455
dumb 3DPDposter
>>
>>59872531
I get jewed hard on electricity.
I live alone and I eat the most electricity in my neighborhood apparently.
>>
>>59872545
It's probably not your computer that is responsible for that.
>>
>>59872455
And? My 4690k runs at 4.7ghz all day, err day
>>
>>59872545
Stop leaving all of your lights on
>>
>>59872545
Do you need the performance?
What's your use case?
I would turn "power mode" on if I was doing intense tasks
Is there a setting for lower? If you are getting absolutely fucked look into like a battery saver function
>>
>>59872545
Don't use ac or so much hot water.
>>
>>59872565
this. You would need a server room to really draw that big of a difference between your neighbors.

They will have kids that will have TV and video game consoles and their own computers and washers and dryers and microwaves and a whole bunch of shit.
>>
>>59872455
My wife Aisaka Taiga is not 3D
>>
45nm 4.1ghz phenom II x6 1055t here.

I laugh at your concepts of energy efficiency.
>>
>>59872565
I run a fridge 3 lights an airconditioning unit and this computer I doubt I'll have the highest electricity bill
>>59872596
I don't
>>59872604
I don't need the performance, I use this thing for entertainment mostly.
>>59872610
I don't
>>59872616
This is what I don't understand, I've called the power company a couple of times to look into this and they say there's nothing wrong with my line. They don't have an answer when I show them my barren house though.
>>
>>59872616
Also a fridge is pretty heavy on electricity.
>>
>>59872666
Just do the math and look up the energy draw from all your appliances in a normal day.

Then look up what they should be in a normal appliance.

You might just have an energy hog appliance or you use heat or AC while you are gone. There is something fishy up and it's not your computer. https://www.griffith.edu.au/sustainability/sustainable-campuses/sustainable-initiatives/energy/average-computer-energy-usage

According to this, even if you let the computer run 24/7 for a whole year it would only draw about 138$ (assuming you are American)
>>
>>59872666
Depends on your fridge and A/c. Both will use a LOT more power than your computer either way. Newer ones are less power hungry though, it might be worth upgrading those.
>>
>>59872640
>tfw Pentium D 925 @ 3.5ghz
Jokes on you.
>>
>>59872528
The bios is the main guy that administrates clock speeds. Probably you went into the energy settings on windows.
>>
>>59872725
This really hard. I was spending 500$ a month on the ac, turns out it was from the 1950's. I got a new one and now only spend 130$ a month.
>>
>>59872714
Thanks for the information.
I actually calculated my power and I shouldn't be paying this much. I guess the power company really is jewing me on electricity. Or a neighbor is tapping into mine.
>>59872725>>59872764
My fridge is maybe 15+ years old should I be looking for a fridge?

>>59872760
Yep
>>
>>59872836
>My fridge is maybe 15+ years old should I be looking for a fridge?
It all depends on how energy efficient it is, they have guides to approximate its usage. You can then calculate yourself if it's worth it or not.
>>
>>59872455
wtf is wrong with her eyes???
>>
>>59873367
Photoshopped, should have uses superior GIMP
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.