[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have this old ipad 2 running on ios 7.1.1 but most of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_0JsLJ9jj.png (704KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4L_0JsLJ9jj.png
704KB, 1024x768px
So I have this old ipad 2 running on ios 7.1.1 but most of the apps I need to update or download require ios 8 at least. Now I read that ios 8 and 9 run poorly on it but ios 8.1.1 fix most of the performance issues to some extend making the tablet usable. Is there a newer version of ios that tried to improve the performance better than 8.1.1 or should I just upgrade to 8.1.1 and call it a day?
I don't plan buying a better tablet any time soon because someone gave this one to me and it runs fine enough during my occasional use.
>>
File: 1477926667942.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477926667942.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>59867928
>lagPad
Found your problem.
>>
>>59868025
The thing is it's currently running as it should but iOS limitations are fucking me over. Nice meme btw.
>>
>>59867928
Will a backup allow you to return to 7.1.1 is 8 turns out to be unusably slow?
If so then try it out.

Wait.
Maybe upgrade to a version that is jailbroken?

Once you upgrade to a version that is not jailbroken you are sol.
>>
>>59869062
I have saved my shsh blobs so I think it would be possible to downgrade anyway but I don't really want to take any risk. I wish there was a graph with comparative performances for each version of iOS on each idevice.
>>
>>59869676
iOS 8 isn't signed by Apple so how would you install that is beyond me
>>
>>59869982
>>59869676
In addition, updating iDevices two years after it gets released is basically killing your device. For example, if an iDevice has been shipped with iOS 7 on launch, updating it to iOS 9 will cause "sudden" and "unintentional" lags that gets worse and worse with every update. This is worse on Samshit devices as one update is enough to cause battery drains, performance drops etc. Basically, updates are a meme.

If you can, retrieve cracked ipa files for your apps and install them. Don't use App Store
>>
File: 1476744239283.jpg (39KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
1476744239283.jpg
39KB, 508x524px
>>59867928
Ignore the other retards, I know what I'm talking about.

Apple has signing windows on iOS, meaning you can't downgrade and you can only upgrade to a signed OS version. IIRC only iOS 9 is being signed for that iPad version. So you have two choices: stay where you are and use older apps or upgrade and take the performance hits.

This is what you get with iToys. We told you not to buy them. We told you to buy a Nexus and flash CM or Lineage, but no one ever listens. You've been cucked by Cook.

>>59869062
The backups restore app data, nor the whole OS. Even if you restore to an iOS 7 backup on iOS 9, you'll still be on iOS 9, just with access to previously saved data like pictures and music and stuff.

>>59869676
The signature hashes save nonce and APTicket data and can be used to create a custom IPSW to so an untethered or semi-tethered downgrade, but you'll need a jailbreak with ftp0 enabled and you'll need to use special CLI tools like KLoader. Anyhow, 9.3.5 32-bit has no jailbreak available.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.