[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leF uF-zoVzA >guy buys a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leFuF-zoVzA

>guy buys a bunch of iPhone replacement parts
>screws it all together
>normies are amazed

why are people so dumb?
>>
File: 1447523801503.jpg (234KB, 800x1163px) Image search: [Google]
1447523801503.jpg
234KB, 800x1163px
normies are mystified when you run something as simple as fdisk
>at sk00l
>lecture time
>lecture is all things I know
>working on server back home
>disks need to be formatted
>run fdisk
>"lol wow anon what are you hacking"
>>
if you are at the tier of building your own handheld, why would you make anything resembling any company ever?
>>
so its a new iphone huh from nothing huh
>>
>>59865029
>made
>put together pre fab Lego parts
>>
>>59865598
>made
>starting with anything higher than quarks
>>
dont foxconn workers do literally this on a daily basis?
>>
File: dfw1027.jpg (16KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
dfw1027.jpg
16KB, 375x281px
>>59865029
>John Green reply
>"That was so freakin' cool!"
>>
>>59865609
>being this autistic
As long as you're refining your own ores, you've made it.
>>
reddit were even saying he did some soldering on the logic board

tip top kek
>>
>>59865029

OP you're such a fucking faggot you can't even see it your self

>hurr normies are soo fuckin stupid lmao
>of course every normie in the world thinks this is hacking and like hackers
>omfg I'm so crazy funny, lol normies are the enemy!

you're a stupid little shit
>>
What about the operating system?

Also this video screams reddit from the music to the camera style.
>>
>>59865800
he bought an used board, and just put together the rest
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.jpg (128KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.jpg
128KB, 1280x720px
WTF they're traps in china now?
>>
>>59865688
>being too autistic for humor
>>
>>59865029
It's a neat video. Shows the electronics markets/culture in Shenzhen and displays a neat project. Makes me want to go there, actually.

I come to /g/ because it offers different opinions, so I can't complain, but sometimes it seems to be full of clinically depressed contrarians who just have to shit on and downplay everything to feel accomplished.
>>
>>59865102
>"lol wow anon what are you hacking"
Do people actually say lol?
>>
>White guy pays a bunch of chinks to assemble his iphone
LOOK GUYS I MADE MY OWN IPHONE
>>
>>59865879
>not detecting my ironic shitposting
>>
If you actually watch the video you can see it's a normal person trying to assemble an iPhone from parts and services in Shenzhen. He's an amateur and he even attempts to bga the chips himself. It's interesting and not the norm, get over yourself.
>>
>>59865923
>full of clinically depressed contrarians who just have to shit on and downplay everything to feel accomplished.
We have a new sticky.
>>
>>59865029

I'll give him props for attempting to solder BGA components (lol) but the specialized tools needed to access and upload the os (JTAG) would be a whole nother level.
>>
>>59866064
Doesn't JTAG just short the board to jump start it? How does it relate to loading an OS to the device?
>>
>>59865029
hahahahaha
these white fucks so "amazed" and like wow china is so technologically advanced. "I want to go there now, so amazing culture and food"

fucking idiots, I bet half that shit'll break in like 2 weeks.
>>
>>59865992
It's not impressive, this only works because he can get the parts cheaper in chink land than american ebay. When I was in college I use to "flip" phones by buying broken phones off craigslist and repairing it to sell on ebay. I have no training and all I did was follow guides off google and youtube. Shit's not hard but the margins are razer thin in america because all the ebay sellers try to jew you. If you get it off aliexpress your margins increase slightly but you have to deal with 1 month wait times.

Shit's not worth it, I only did it because it beat working a work-study job or in some shitty restaurant.
>>
>>59865937
no, but they laugh nervously
>>
>>59865029

He left out the most intresting part. How much did cost?

Would be cool if you could build your own upgraded phone from those parts. Like upgrade the camera and the battery. But then you would propably need more skills then just putting legos together.
>>
>>59865102
Edgy.
>>
>>59866080
jtag is used to program and debug arm microcontrollers. if connected, it can optionally also pull down the reset pin (XRES) as part of the programming/debugging operation.

>>59866064
specialized tools as in
>any arm64-jtag programmer (20-60$)
>a connector cable for the specific PCB (15$)
>openOCD software (FOSS)
>>
>>59866168
this. I mean its like the Beats headphones, you know it costs actually $16 us dollars to make.
>>
File: 1426981548953.jpg (59KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1426981548953.jpg
59KB, 540x960px
Wow.. if he just went around and paid a bunch of chinese to replace every part of his phone no one would care. He goes around just paying chinese to install "parts" which are not really parts but entire components (screen, entire mother board). Its hilarious because these chinese do this every day they even scoff at him when he only wants one of a certain component, they're used to selling lots. The only difference is he just did half the work for the chinese to begin with because he removed all the parts for them already. All the chinese had to do was install the new component like they've done 1000 times over. He couldn't even do it himself. All these chinese gouged him too because he never bargained. He just paid w/e they asked. He paid $70 for labor on the screen.. lmao. He ended up paying thousands of dollars, and $300 in just parts for the phone, which sells used for like $200. Fucking mac fags, lmao.
>>
>>59866686

Not to mention the case of the phone was knock off and he paid extra to have them etch on an apple logo.
>>
>>59865979
>Not detecting my own ironic shitposting
>Now we both sound like fags
>>
>>59865029
so if this the new ahmed clock v2 but with an iPhone? and a white person in China instead?
>>
>>59865620
No tech related but your pic reminded me of how much I miss my college days being a pretentious faggot and wearing a bandanna like DFW every day.
>>
File: 1414634486789.png (157KB, 498x497px) Image search: [Google]
1414634486789.png
157KB, 498x497px
>>59865102
>see uncle doing stuff on the family computer as a kid
>barely know english but see him enter dir in dos and have a bunch of shit come up
>show this to my friends
>they're all amazed

Good times
>>
>>59865029
I love messing with them, sitting at Starbucks with multiple cmd windows open like I'm a 90s antitrust haxzor
>>
More like "How I payed a bunch of chinese people to assemble stuff for me"
>>
>>59865029
Normies need to be gassed.
>>
>>59867626
>Now we both sound like fags
Can confirm.
>>
>>59865102
Everything you do in the terminal will baffle normies
>>
>>59868888
I got accused of hacking while playing nethack in high school, by a damn teacher

So yeah, a terminal really will freak them out
>>
>>59865862
China is pretty gay. Look at the M/F ratio and feel bad for sex workers.
>>
>>59868715

And then someone half competent walks in for a quick espresso and sees a pretentious 17 year old autist on a T60 who's typing some Karlie Kloss tier bullshit into a green on black terminal in a poorly riced Lonux distro to make a lot of lines go on the screen, all the while looking from the corner of his chubby face to see if anyone is looking confused in his direction.
>>
>>59865029
> In China
> Literally working a sweat shop with no wage
>>
>>59865102
The normals I know aren't really that dumb but I got a similar reaction
>using qutebrowser which i3 (unriced so it looked even weirder)
>switch between doing something in the terminal on one desktop and searching things in qutebrowser
>dude looks at my laptop
>jokingly says "lol u hackin bro"
>someone else looks over
>mutters "the fuck" after seeing the screen
>>
File: file.jpg (43KB, 493x449px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
43KB, 493x449px
>>59865800
That's because it's from plebbit
>>
This guy can't even solder
And he decides hey let's build a phone lmao
>>
>>59866686
Best post in the thread
>>
>>59868664
>BBC micros at school
>10 PRINT "HELLO":
>20 GOTO 10
>RUN
>everyone amazed

God typing that out made me feel old
>>
He's handsome, that's why. Accept it, /g/, people get attracted to beauty. Showing off that he can build stuff, also makes him looks intelligent. Get over it
>>
>>59870517
If you never felt that before, start working out and you will see how much more attention you'll get
>>
File: 1469794336696.jpg (247KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1469794336696.jpg
247KB, 1050x1400px
>>59870517
He's basically the male version of this 3DPD.
>>
>>59870636
Exactly. People won't give a fuck if you program a new operating system in assembly. If you look like a fucking basement dweller, you will still be treated as one. Everybody judges like that, don't be hypocrites.
>>
>>59866215
Then just what the hell is that thing that uses resistors to jump start a phone through the charging port called?
>>
>>59866102
sorting out bga chips is not easy anon, get over yourself
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.