[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/, how the fuck do I get a software interview? I've been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: how.png (655KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
how.png
655KB, 800x800px
/g/, how the fuck do I get a software interview? I've been playing with code for years now, but never really finished any projects (as I usually just throw old projects away) I can do fizzbuzz and other logic based stuff pretty easily, but I'm not super on top of my maths.

I've been sending out resumes for months, and gotten literally 0 responses.

if you were hiring for an entry level job, what would you want to see on a no-job-experience resume? how do I make sure HR doesn't do pic related?

should I walk into every software company's office with a cake and offer blowjobs?

I've mostly used C# and Lua, but I've also done some c++, java, and js/html/css.

[spoiler]if I don't get out of these shitty retail jobs I'm going to write the output of fizzbuzz on my wall in my own bloods and fucking blow my brains out with my 12ga[/spoiler]
>>
>>59858548
also, how do you define "knowing" or "being familiar with" a language?
>>
>>59858548
>what would you want to see on a no-job-experience resume?
A degree and a portfolio.
>>
>>59858580
>degree
oh jesus please no
>portfolio
do you think any employers would take open source work seriously? I've thought about helping out some oss I use
>>
>>59858548
>if you were hiring for an entry level job, what would you want to see on a no-job-experience resume?
A CS degree, bachelor or master. Maybe math and EE work too.
A list of technologies (languages, frameworks) that you're familiar with, split in "really good" and "decent". I want to see the enterprise-level tech that we use in the "really good" portion.
A list of things you've accomplished. Be it a link to your github profile, or just a descrption of hobby projects you've made.
>>
>Master's or PhD in CS minimum
>An extensive portfolio of personal and open source projects
>three stellar professional references
>Explicit acknowledgment that you're willing to work overtime and on-call as needed
>>
>>59858707
>>59858845

WITH KURT KOBAIN AS MY WITNESS :^)
>>
>>59858932
More or less.
I'm one of the only people I know who's gotten a software job without a degree but I've been programming since I was eight.
>show experience in libraries and frameworks they're using
>portfolio of even opensource stuff will just show that you can at least make something
>>
>>59858650
What do you mean please no? You might be able to get an interview at a small startup most likely but you are severely limiting yourself in terms of possible jobs without a degree. And a portfolio is mandatory.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.