[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

apparently project scorpio has only 2.3 ghz CPU and "6 teraflop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: scorpio-1.jpg (185KB, 1200x670px) Image search: [Google]
scorpio-1.jpg
185KB, 1200x670px
apparently project scorpio has only 2.3 ghz CPU and "6 teraflop gpu" which is just under GTX 1070

why do they say this is for 4K gaming then? even with a 1080 ti (11 teraflips) and i7 7700k (4.2 ghz) which is pretty much double the specs, you still struggle to maintain 60 fps..
>>
>>59851827
i dont know but im going to guess.

apparently they designed the hardware to be good at DirectX12.

DigitalFoundry said they turned hundreds of processes into 7 hardcoded functions. what a gtx10X0 would have to do through brute force, the xbox will do naturally.
>>
>>59851827
They literally did a benchmark on Forza, shill. It runs fine.

Also >>>/v/
>>
>>59851827
85% of all AAA games get optimisation done on console before even considering a PC version

4k is more feasible on consoles than on pc actually.. imagine it like splatoon for wii u at 1080p60
>>
>>59851972
You mean showed static picture w/o actual video footage and frame analysis?
>>
>>59851827
Those are AMD tflops not nvidia's, which I know sounds weird but AMD gpu's generally have way more flops than nvidias yet do less with them. So it's more like very slightly better than a low clocked 480. That said, having set hardware goes a really long way. Look at Doom, the game looks incredible IMO, yet it's SO easy to run, even on nvida hardware but even easier on AMD. MS designed a console that hopes to see "Doom-like" optimized titles for it. Benchmarks also are often run at ultra w hich usually takes a huge amount of FPS for minor fidelity gains.
Basically MS(and all consoles really) is hoping to use every single little advantage they can get to get the most performance out of the box as possible.
>>
>>59852034
https://youtu.be/xCfGhknnRdY

Just watch this video of /ourguy/
He goes over everything
>>
>>59851827
Scorpio = Scorpion
Xbox = Halo
Halo Scorpion = Tank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69HwZ2nqrCA

Tank Beats Everything
>>
>>59851827
well, from what i've been told the PS4 pro has a downclocked RX470 in it. in theory, it should be able to run pretty much every game @ 1440/30, but that's not the case because apparently that hunk of shit jag APU bottlenecks the fuck out of it.

if the frequencies are that low on the scorpio i have a hard time not believing there won't be a bottleneck.
>>
>>59851827
No idea. Must be optimizations on single specific hardware which includes full system resource access.
Stuff like these isn't new, back when ps2 released most PC barely runs games as good looking as those on consoles.
Its all the codes and effeciency.

Why ? You triggered by /v/ babies ?
>>
>>59852684
>comparing hardware to hardware

When will people like you understand.
On paper the looked the same but they aren't. Its like the Quadro/Firepro vs Geforce/radeon gaming battle like always.
>>
>>59851827
Because they're most likely going to aim for 30 fps lower settings at 4K
>>
Optimization
Think about the fact that the aids tier hardware in the Wii is able to run BOTW
ALso, clock speed isnt everything.
i have a 3.4ghz pentium 4 EE and its shit compared to a 2ghz athlon 5350

These games will be worked on to function at their best on the very specific hardware and work in very special ways to give that 4k 60fps result.

Even if its shit, even if 1440p is the only reasonable resolution for it, its still absolutely fantastic to see actual powerful hardware put into a console for once.
>>
>>59851827
Console performance is not 1:1 to PC performance

Your dedicated gaming box does not have Winblows and a million things running on it
>>
>>59851827
Teraflops != Gaming performance

Scorpio will be a downclocked RX 480 with more steam processors
>>
>>59852919
>4k
>60fps

"no"

They'll jack up the settings so it looks good in screenshots and brag about "4k". Meanwhile all the games will actually run at 1440-1800p upscaled with a 4k hud and the whole thing will be locked to 30 fps and you'll be lucky to get 64ms frame times when turning corners quickly.
I got the xbone 1s recently and was still blown away by how many companies think it's acceptable to release <30 fps games in 2017. Fallout 4 and GTAV are basically unplayable.
There's not even anything wrong with the hardware, Battlefield 1 and Forza run great at 1080p60. Everybody else is just falling prey to impressing screenshot babbys when they should just be turning down settings.
I'd be way more excited about a 1080p120 console but your average normie has a cheap laggy 4k tv now so that's where the market is.
>>
File: 1437796304000.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1437796304000.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>59852635
Stick beats tank. Stick beat everything - break stick? Now two sticks. Stick win everytime
>>
Who cares?

This console will never reach the level of PC Gaming so what does it matter (freedom,
productivity, and power).
If you want to talk about console and actually
want an audience (that falls) for them, then go to:
>>>/v/
>>
>>59853201
It's already surpassed it. PCMR BTFO ON SUICIDE WATCH
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.