[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that Unity and Mir are getting trashed, is there any reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1453606024004.jpg (585KB, 1200x920px) Image search: [Google]
1453606024004.jpg
585KB, 1200x920px
So now that Unity and Mir are getting trashed, is there any reason left not to use Ubuntu? I'm thinking of switching to it from Debian now.

pic unrelated
>>
>>59849690
The only issue they need to fix is the fact it isn't MacOS
>>
>eat toxins
bravo
>>
File: xubuntu.png (35KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
xubuntu.png
35KB, 600x500px
>>59849690
Nope
>>59849931
fpwp
>>
>>59850004
Xubuntu always gives me problems
>>
>>59850004
Fpbp*
>>
>>59849962
I think his choices are limited.
>>
>>59849690
Unity is getting trashed? What will be the substitute?
>>
>>59849962
>toxins
>>
>now that Ubuntu is even less unique, why shouldn't I use it?
Is this a joke?

Stick to Debian. Try Arch if you're really that sick of Debian. Ubuntu isn't going to be much different.
>>
>>59849690
TRASH INFESTED SOIL
WATER SEEPS INTO TRASH
PLANTS DRINK TRASH WATER
ANIMAL EATS PLANTS
TRASH GOES INTO ANIMALS
BETTER THAN STARVING
>>
>>59849931
you won't like debian
>>
>>59850211
I switched from Debian to Arch after realizing this.
>>
>>59850117
GNOME, this has been pretty big news for the past week.

Canonical is going to focus on desktop use, cloud and IoT. No more retarded phoneshit/tabletshit, that's all being put to death. Mark Shuttlecuck finally (reluctantly) admits it was a mistake to try to break Ubuntu away from the rest of the GNU/Linux userland for no reason with Mir and other assorted horrible ideas of his.

In short, Ubuntu is finally getting its shit together.
>>
>he changes distro instead of just installing a new DE

literally why
>>
>>59850142
I don't want a "unique" special snowflake OS I want one that is FOSS, up-to-date and well-supported by a large, skilled development community. The more standard Ubuntu becomes, the more popular it will become, and the sooner it will be able to compete with OSX and Windows and become a viable third desktop system for users across the globe.

Apple and Microsoft need to be annihilated and Ubuntu is the only OS capable of doing it right now.
>>
Unity is better than Gnome and KDE. They should forget about the Mir stuff but Unity should live. I guess they'll replicate Unity with Gnome.
>>
>>59850291
nothing is better that gnome
except maybe xfce4
>>
>>59850347

Fuck off cunt. Out of the box gnome3 is retarded, I installed it on my freebsd desktop which installs vanilla and it would take a few days to get that trash usable. Pure faggotry. At least Ubuntu will probably make it usable like they did with Gnome2, which was also trash.
>>
>>59850399
kek
was b8 nigga
>>
>>59850076
Been using it for 10 years no problems at all.
>>
>>59850399
>it would take a few days to get that trash usable
>a few days
Just because you're a retard doesn't make it shit. Just install dash to dock/dash to panel and you're set.
>>
>2017
>not using Fedora
>>
File: gross.jpg (90KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
90KB, 600x800px
>>59851042
Fedora is disgusting
>>
>>59851090
Fedora is the pinnacle of Linux distros.
>>
>>59850249
Yeppers
>>
Gnome Ubuntu iso has test wayland mode. I3wm X is good but apt-get install swaybuntu will be my dream come true

>no gaps, it's not for show
>>
>>59850229

Except for the GNOME part. That's still retarded.
>>
I would use Debian if it weren't such a pain in the anus to set up on laptops with shitty component manufacturers. Every motherfucking thing is an uphill battle. There's a perfectly good reason not to use Ubuntu: if, unlike me, you don't need it to make your computer usage a tolerable experience.
>>
>>59849690
At least nigga had the initiative to help himself
>>
>>59850286
It's becoming less and less popular. Just trash it
>>
>>59849690
Ubuntu still recommends proprietary software and includes nonfree firmware by default in the kernel, which Debian doesn't.
>>
>>59850185
at least they're trying

what are you doing? expanding horizontally by ingesting sugar and lard

well done american't
>>
>>59854551
>Ubuntu actually works out of the box, Debian refuses to because it's a Jehovah's Witness
>>
>>59854699
"lard" is good for you. sugar is not. considering what trash you're posting, the trash you're eating is much worse, i guarantee it.
>>
>>59851123
>Fedora is the pinnacle of Linux distros.
^ this
>>
>>59851123
Fedora 25 doesn't work on Ryzen.
>>
>>59856985
>t. triggered ameriCan't
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.