[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I installed signal the other day to communicate securely, after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1490960480480.png (186KB, 735x736px) Image search: [Google]
1490960480480.png
186KB, 735x736px
I installed signal the other day to communicate securely, after install and a bit of secure communication my phone rings. The number was Android Secret Services #2000. I answered it, and hear a noise for a little under a second. I communicate about things of a sensitive nature from time to time, and people have actively been trying to breach my devices. I cannot find any type of information of this call, any experience or knowledge of it /g/, or idea as to what may have happened. Is my signal app compromised?
>>
Lay off your vodka, Ivan.
>>
>>59839968
Probably just your average android hacking. You'll just end up with ransomware
>>
This call did not embed itself in my logs either. If it happens agaib I will screen shot. Ive been debating on flashing this phone. Before I installed signal my text messages were being intercepted and manipulated at times via cell tower spoof to give an idea of who would like to know my conversations. Not nickel and dime people.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>59839968
>I answered it, and hear a noise for a little under a second
Delete everything and reinstall. You got backdoored.
That or free long distance.
>>
>>59840023
Would i be forced to get another new phone? Or would a factory reset do it? Also, is there something I can look for to verify this?
>>
Is this accurate?

https://www.google.com/amp/bgr.com/2016/12/19/android-backdoor-malware-spy-app/amp/
>>
>>59840036
>would a factory reset do it?
Nope. Root it and completely reformat. Install OS of your choosing
>forced to get another new phone?
Depends on how new the device is/how goo their hack is.
Seeing as it was less than a second, it'll be a surface level hack. But a factory reset may not do the trick.
If it was closer to 2-3seconds, then you were pwnd down to the bios.
>>
>>59840081
Outstanding info. Thank you, its apparently undetectable, one more questions. Can it compromise signal? Im assuming that it has a keylogger, but i understood signal offers some protections from things like screenshots.
>>
>>59840112
>Can it compromise signal?
Not familiar with that software.
>signal offers some protections from things like screenshots.
Probably as much as disabling the cam of a laptop I'd assume. Better than nothing, but not fool proof. There's many ways to scrape data from a operational device.
>Im assuming that it has a keylogger,
I'll assume you meant the thing you got from Android Secret Services #2000.
Possibly, and given your time frame of the installation to hack I'd say you're known already. This seems targeted. as it was not some simple voip call, but a systems 'hack'.
>Android Secret Services #2000
That is not some two bit Chinese hacking farm, spamming rats.
>>
>>59840296
Ive assumed its been compromised since it happened and have been talking accordingly. Signal uses end 2 end encryption and sends messages and calls via data, supposedly very good. And yes this is absolutely targeted, I am trying to learn more about the damage and figure out options. Its seeming new phone may be in order but it will just happen again im sure. Any advice on the most secure communications out there aside from pen and paper?
>>
>>59840336
If you have high end Chinese contacts ask them to send a top tier phone.
Chinese are incredibly protective of their business CEO's.
Buying one off eBay won't be the same as one ordered especially.
>>
>>59840336
Oh and
>Any advice on the most secure communications out there aside from pen and paper?
You're going the right way about things for the most part.
Avoid text, and strap a dynamic voice modulator to your phone. Providing that line is encrypted as well.
Also using PGP is a must.
It's another layer of encryption. But don't put the obvious header on it
" PGP MESSAGE
============================="
That thing.
>>
>>59840336
Oh, and images of your message can be good.
Screenshot, save as .txt. Copy the text, and send that off. I think that'll even encrypt with PGP also.
>>
>>59840473
Security these days certainly a uphill battle. Its almost as if the devices were designed to be compromised. Shame
>>
>>59840598
Yeah. It's pretty limiting when you don't have extensive knowledge about hardware and coding.
Best thing you can do is add layers on layers, with a curve ball thrown in.
At a point it'll become less worthwhile targeting you. Because there's only so much time people will devote to breaking coded messages.
Avoiding the botnet is child's play compared to active surveillance.
I suggest you also consume media relating to security and cryptography. There's always a little tip and trick to pick up.
It'll also get the creative juices flowing. The best sucruity is one not encountered before, combines with other measures.
>>
>android secret service #2000

I wonder what exactly this is, and what other secret services are out there.
>>
>>59841088
Can confirm another 1999 android secret services
My sources suggest that there maybe over 9000.
>>
>>59840010
Take your meds, Untermensch
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.