[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if I install WindowsXp in a virtual machine and fuck around on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: cunt.jpg (86KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
86KB, 600x401px
if I install WindowsXp in a virtual machine and fuck around on the internet, what's the worst that could happen to the host OS (also a windows machine)?
>>
>>59838223
it could access shared network resources and nuke them
>>
>>59838227
no network resources here, and also I could restrict the 'outgoing' vm connection to port 80 only, just so I can browse malware sites and dick around. what can go wrong?
>>
>>59838223
>xp gets virus
>virus breaks out of virtualbox jail
>all data on your mainsystem including the ones external devices get encrypted or shredded
>>
nothing
>>
Just disable shared network and nothing will ever happen to you unless it's a direct, planned attack on you.
>>
>>59838223
YOu can use XP just fine unless you are retarded.
>>
Do the POS hack and you're fine. You'll still get updates.
>>
the cops ramming your door down because you haven't upgraded to W10 yet.
>>
>>59838223
Might turn you gay
>>
>>59838223
Go for it.
I run XP in a VM on my Win7 machine. Have POS updates set and no shares with host.
Like all security it's primarily down to common sense.
>>
>>59838777
but I dont want the XP to 'be fine' , I want to fuck my shit up.
>>
>the worst
security experts proved that they can get out of virtual enviroment and in to the host

but the worst also mean you will be raped by a nigger while chugging on battery acid and having your eyes squished out and teeth drilled to the nerves
>>
>>59838223
Double bag it, run your XP VM inside a VM. No way you're gonna experience double virtual machine escape.
>>
>>59838223
At any one time there is at least a half dozen known exploits that allow escaping the guest OS and gaining root access to the host.. VMWare or HyperV.

It's your gamble really.

Do it faggot and report back with results
>>
Once someone is on the VM, they're inside your network. Do you trust Windows to keep then from moving from the VM to any other device on your network?
>>
>current year
>not having dedicated box

Come on. Hardware is so cheap there's really no excuse. But in your explorations remember that the ISP has all of the traffic anyway, so you're going to need to leave the basement and go to the library. It's really the only safe way.

>b-but muh inconvenience

Millenials. . . .
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.