[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Trying several different youtube > Mp3 converters for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Clipconverter.jpg (13KB, 296x299px) Image search: [Google]
Clipconverter.jpg
13KB, 296x299px
>Trying several different youtube > Mp3 converters for some music.
>They all destroy the music quality, are DRM blocked or behind a paywall.

What do you guys use?
>>
>>59836436
torrents?
>>
>>59836436
>MP3
What is this, 2001? Youtube serves up Opus and AAC which pretty much anything can play. Just download with youtube-dl. Or there's probably a website out there somewhere that will give you the m4a.
>>
http://youtubeconverter.me/
>>
youtube-dl (which calls ffmpeg).

If you are comforatble with the cli then use one of the many web browser addons. I'm sure a helpful anon will recommend one or you could check the /g/ wiki, it may have a suggestion.
>>
File: output.png (67KB, 793x374px) Image search: [Google]
output.png
67KB, 793x374px
>>59836460
>Or there's probably a website out there somewhere that will give you the m4a.
In many cases youtube-dl will give you the m4a (format code = 140)
>>
>>59836528
Yes, you can certainly specify it. But a GUI is easier.
I've just confirmed that OnlineVideoConverter.com transcodes their fucking AAC. Why the hell would you take 192k AAC and transcode it to 192k AAC?
Lemme see if it changes if you select .aac instead of .m4a
>>
File: Capture.png (372KB, 1245x473px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
372KB, 1245x473px
>>59836558
Nope still transcoded.
>>
>>59836528
youtube-dl -F [URL] works too
>>
i made a python script to download it and re-encode to mp3, the script uses youtube-dl and ffmpeg

you're a programmer arent you
>>
>>59836436
>music quality,
>youtube
Kill yourself pajeet
>>
>>59836466
Thanks, this is fine.
>>
>>59836623
The ones you want are -f 22 and 251. Format 22 will give you the best AAC, which is sometimes >128k (though they seem to be going away from that. 251 is 128k Opus, which is the best if the AAC isn't above 128k itself.
Format 22 comes with video so you need to strip that.
>>
>>59836623
>i made a python script to download it and re-encode to mp3, the script uses youtube-dl and ffmpeg
I did the same thing years ago, but later I found out youtube-dl can do it for you.

youtube-dl --extract-audio --audio-format mp3 <URL>
>>
>>59836436
I use Dirpy.
>>
>>59836623
you have functional ears to notice twice transcoded music don't you
>>
>>59836698
Unless something's changed this will prioritize the Opus track since for some reason youtube-dl thinks it's ~2000kbps. You should be specifying -f 22.
>>
i just want to download that evangelion song.
>>
>>59836436
I use Jdownloader. Get the installer without the ads.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.