[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I'm so confused and a little freaked out over this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1467842674697.jpg (552KB, 1834x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1467842674697.jpg
552KB, 1834x1440px
Guys I'm so confused and a little freaked out over this. I was writing on a text file and copy and pasting something about 5 times in a row. I'm using Windows 8.

All of a sudden the 6th time I pasted, this gets attached to the pasted sentence
>Blah blah blah blah blah blah
>Blah blah blah blah blah blah UNewegg2500/6

With "UNewegg2500/6" attached at the end. What the fuck? The sentence I was posting had NONE of those words or numbers. Where the fuck did "UNewegg2500/6" come from? Is this some NSA botnet shit infecting my PC? Didn't even have jewegg opened, no way I could've accidentally copied it.
>>
>>59836287
>UNewegg2500/6

Maybe the system clipboard has a history.
>>
>>59836287
nope possibly a flipped bit
need to get you some of that ECC Ram
>>
>>59836330
was also thinking this. super rare occurrence, never had it happened to me before but that's the only explanation.
>>
File: 1484466022405.jpg (75KB, 277x256px) Image search: [Google]
1484466022405.jpg
75KB, 277x256px
>>59836341
its literally a thing, google owns all the flipped bit domains relating to their software

its really interesting to look into though if i were you i would run a memtest just for giggles
>>
>>59836287
It's to late anon.
>>
>>59836341
>>59836330
Flipped bit cut off the null term and op got the garbage after it in RAM. Lol
>>
>>59836405
basically which leads me to believe it can be fixed with a cold boot or diagnosed with a memtest
>>
>>59836356
>>59836405
4 sticks of 8GB. Less than 2 years old. Wonder if they'll allow me to RMA all of them.
>>
>>59836414
I'm willing to bet if you could see arbitrary memory where the clipboard is, that it would confirm it. Op should dump his memory to file then search it for newegg and see what's before it.
>>
>>59836419
They're not broken.flipped bits just happen sometimes. Usually doesn't affect anything.
>>
>>59836341
No it's not. You can easily write software that inserts things into the clipboard.
And the chance of flipping bits like this is astronomically small. Anon was writing a (presumably ascii, or this is even less likely)
So anon pasted "Blah \n" a couple times. If the last paste has a bit flipped then you'd go from a zero byte to 2^n where n is the bit that was flipped (bounded by 2^8 - 1 of course because this is a byte). The only 1 bit flip characters if you go from a null byte that would be visible is a space or @.

It's far more likely anon has some software in his computer that's so shit it randomly pastes ads into his clipboard and does it incorrectly. Or maybe thats a coupon code and it's perfectly fine, just sent at an inappropriate time.
And who knows why that happened? Could be a race condition.
>>
>>59836356
you and most people here probably are already aware of this defcon video, but maybe a few aren't. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT7mnSstKGs

apparently smartphone ram is notorious for flipping bits due to the relatively extreme conditions they tend to operate in compared to properly-cooled desktop setups
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.