[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

since computers can have a WOL is there an app you can put on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (20KB, 486x380px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20KB, 486x380px
since computers can have a WOL

is there an app you can put on android that would cause you to start your computer booting as you get close to your home and connect to your wifi?

if so, whats the safest app for android
>>
>>59832927
you could just suspend
>>
Just write yourself a simple app that will send a magic packet once it connects to any WiFi network.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN
>>
>>59832961

im not autistic tho

>>59832949

that defeats the purpose of me having to turn on the PC

i should also add that my desktop is facing the opposite way because i use the back plate ports instead of bothering with the shitty ones in the front

but just wanting to know if this is possible without using terminal codes

i know WOL is a thing, but wondered if this was possible
>>
>>59833001
How is it being autistic? Such program would require few lines of code. If you are not familiar with android programming, it would take you few hours max to do. Unless you know nothing about programming, then tough shit.
>>
>>59833018

>its not autistic
>literally explains how autistic it is

so theres no app and nobody else ever thought of this

okay thanks

i literally spent 2 seconds while i was driving up to my house today and thought of this idea, created this thread, apparently its not possible (atleast without the traditional terminal codes within a LAN computer to another computer)

moving on
>>
>>59833074
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.uk.mrwebb.wakeonlan&hl=en_GB
There you go. Just use it each time as soon as you go through the door.
>>
>>59833089

i dont wanna have to use it

i want it to just work

just like my spotify does when i turn on my car
>>
>>59833131
This thread has been bait, and this post is the proof. Sage and move along, guys.
>>
>>59833131
The thing you are asking for is very specific, but would require you to put some work into it.
But I guarantee you it wouldn't take too long to write. All you have to do is to steal a code sending magic packet off someone and add few lines of code that say 'if i connected to wifi, send magic packet to my lan'.
>>
>>59833149

i moved on 2 posts ago faggot
>>
>>59833131
you could probably automate that part with Tasker
>>
>>59833207
This
>>
>>59832927
If you use Windows 10 there's this thing with the latest update that pairs your phone with the PC and locks it/unlocks it when you come near/get away from it.

It's via bluetooth though, so it isn't really ideal.
>>
>13 posts
>no one actually posted anything
What the fuck /g/

>>59832927
https://ifttt.com/applets/482363p-alexa-trigger-pc-on
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.