[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://eischmann.wordpress.com/201 7/04/10/netflix-blocks-f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: netflix-thumbnail.jpg (91KB, 945x408px) Image search: [Google]
netflix-thumbnail.jpg
91KB, 945x408px
https://eischmann.wordpress.com/2017/04/10/netflix-blocks-fedora-users/
NICE DISTRO, RED HAT
>>
Clearly the problem is Netflix erroneously trying to use Silverlight rather than any actual problem with Fedora.
>>
Clearly they didn't tip enough.
>>
>>59827186
Netflix uses proprietary closed source software, and won't allow you to view videos over a VPN. At least amazon prime video works on linux by default and allows you to access them from VPNs. Netflix doesn't even pretend to respect your privacy.
>>
>Fedora
>Firefox

lmao. Just use Chrome on Ubuntu like everybody else.
>>
>>59827186
GENTOOLINUX does not have this problem
>>
>>59827941
same in Arch GNU+Linux
>>
>>59827277
yes but they're doing it through the user agent in the browser, so if you change to ANYTHING besides Fedora, it works fine.

They're specifically blocking fedora users.
>>
>>59827884
lmao just use botnet on top of more botnet bruh
>>
>Silverlight

Is Netflix the only thing that still uses this? I haven't heard any word of it in years
>>
>>59827186
How the fuck does someone use linux and can't tell the difference between a browser and an os, and if you have problems with Netflix on Firefox on linux that's because they disabled drm by default you fucking nigger. Just enabled drm content in settings and you'll get your Netflix
>>
>>59828052
They even said in the article they got around it by changing the browser user agent to anything besides Fedora.

Obviously the DRM setting isnt the issue.
>>
>>59827991
I don't think they use it anymore. They've moved entirely to HTML5 last time I checked. Chrome and Edge don't even work with Silverlight anymore, but Netflix works fine in both of them.
>>
>wastes his and everyone's time by writing a blog post when he could've just used chrome and enjoyed his movies
I'll never understand some people. This is like the definition of autism
>>
>>59828172
He even said it only worked in chrome by using an extension to black-list fedora from the useragent on netflix.
>>
>>59827186
>>59827984
Good. Fedora users need to understand where they lie in the world.
>>
>>59827609
I imagine it's to prevent users from sharing their accounts to be used from other places via VPN, a good move against normies but someone more clever would merely buy private proxies or something like that
>>
>>59828211
>t. salty arch linux user
>>
>>59828149
Only older browsers need silverlight.
>>
>>59828242
>t. fedora cuck needing to change UA just to watch a movie
I use the superior OS that Just Werks.
>>
>>59828425
>t. brainlet retard
It's Netflix fault for not parsing the user agent string properly.
>>
>>59827290
/thread
>>
fuck Netflix and fuck black people
>>
>Paying money to watch movies.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.