[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pic unrelated Im an electrical engineer who's kinda wanting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

pic unrelated

Im an electrical engineer who's kinda wanting to break into the more higher level programming stuff.

I have an extremely good understanding of mathematics and my current job involves writing code for microprocessors but that shits usually balls to the metal C.

I wanna learn how to make software thats closer to the frontend and is basically usable by humans. Also if i ever wanted to get a job as a software engineer what kind of things would i need to learn to close the gap with CS degree people
>>
>>59826824

go full webdev and learn to hate yourself
>>
>>59826824
>electrical engineer
>extremely good understanding of mathematics
>>
>>59826824
find out what kind of projects you want to work on, server side stuff, light web client applications, heavy dekstop clients, mobile clients ..
then pick a language, get ok at it, learn how to rdbms, larn how to http and networking, learn framework for language
>>
>>59827829
In my experience, EE's generally have the best maths knowledge of all the standard "engineering majors"

t. physicsfag
>>
>>59828220
>maths knowledge
>engineering majors
>"physicsfag"
>>
>>59828220
E.g. solomonoff of solomonoff induction fame.
>>
>>59826824
Hah. I'm an EE student already pretty familiar with software stuff, trying to learn VLSI and embedded.

Agree with >>59827954 pick your target first.

Basically the only issue is learning the relevant libraries / frameworks. If you've got C, you shouldn't have too much trouble picking up the languages that whatever framework uses.
It would probably be a good idea to set up a LAMP stack as a lab and go from there.
My experience is front-end is generally a pretty shitty place to be, though, unless you have some sort of fetish for CSS. Back-end and devops are more fun.

If you have a decent understanding of algorithms, you'll probably be ahead of most CS students who just copy every npm install command they see. Learning the tools is comparatively less work and less important than getting a good sense of how programs should be written. Within a framework, responding to HTTP requests is actually pretty similar to interrupts, so now that I think about it that will probably be pretty easy.
>>
>>59828608
but see we are biased towards web dev, maybe he doesn't give 2 shits about web clients and wants to leverage his microcontrolers know how in home automation projects with a native mobile client, make a really gud desktop text editor or wahtever
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.