[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck you goddamn assholes >Fell for the whole Arch meme >My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

Fuck you goddamn assholes
>Fell for the whole Arch meme
>My turn for class presentation
>Plug in the lapper
>The secondary display aspect ratio is way off
>20% of the screen is cut off
>Stumble around with the port, class getting restless
>Prof says she'll let me try again later
>Worked hard on this presentation, not giving up
>Started presentation in a small window
>Embedded video starts playing, no audio even with HDMi
>Wtf.jpg?
>Apparently the output device needs to be selected manually from sound settings, FAAAAk
>Fiddle around like a retard in front of the whole class.
>Finally select the right setting
>Volume too low, even if 100%
>No worries, haha, tell class I'll explain what's going on in the video nevertheless.
>Start voiceover in some weird French accent, bcuz video of French fashion designer (presentation on use of smart fabrics in fashion, fuck you that's why)
>Nobody understands shit
>Class laughing
>"French amarite people? Hah"
>Realize I'm fucking this up
>Tearing up, leave in defeat
Came back straight to my room
>>
>>59823441
I'll admit, you did put some effort into this piece of fiction greentext story.
>>
>>59823441
Not asking your teacher to test the compatibility of that shitty projector.

Your fault you acoustic gaffet
>>
>>59823972
Test compat...

Or just use real software tested by professionals since I have better things to do yknow
>>
>Not using RedHat™ Enterprise Linux™™ for Serious Enterprise Work™
>>
>>59823441
Using Arch for anything other than ricing and posting screenshots for e-peen in an anonymous singaporean art discussion forum.

Seriously though. I had something similar happen to me two years ago ( though not as serious but highly embarrassing ) when I tried using my /g/ skills watching a movie with a girl ( wanted to stream the torrent in real time directly from the PC to the TV and wasted like an hour fumbling in the command line in front of her trying to make it work properly, instead of just using Netflix and spending that hour cuddling with her, like a normal person would ). I wasn't using Arch, though.
>>
>>59823972
You are one miserable useless piece of shit aren't you bud?
>>
File: laugh.jpg (216KB, 780x433px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
216KB, 780x433px
>>59823441
>i-i-i-i-i-it's y-y-y-y-y-y-y-your fault that i make terrible decisions in my life!
>>
>>59825023
Sounds like fun, mr. autism.
>>
nice blogpost
subscribed
>>
>>59823441
It's not Arch's fault you can't use it properly.
>>
Just accuse your teacher of being racist because blacks can't afford a real OS and enjoy your free guilt A.
>>
Arch is not meant for doing anything. It's literally a hobbyists OS and it's explicitly stated on the Wiki that it's only meant for people who have time to troubleshoot OS-level issues on top of troubleshooting their applications.

There are other, stable distros for what you're trying to do, OP.
>>
>>59826604
Yeah, not all of us can have that luxury pal. Some of us have normal sized dicks
>>
>>59825140
oh hurrr durrr look at me I consult no one, I somehow find out in my dreams just how to work all the shit around me
>>
>Use a DE that doesn't just work
>complain when it doesn't work
wow
this isn't even an arch problem, you're just an idiot who doesn't think ahead
>>
>Video in your presentation
You deserved it.
>>
File: 1465484308473.jpg (37KB, 775x775px)
1465484308473.jpg
37KB, 775x775px
>>59825024
Takes one to know one
>>
>>59825023
That's what you get for letting a succubus steal your wizard powers.
>>
>not going to school where they have a common classroom computer connected to projector
>>
File: 1488983766147.jpg (768KB, 900x2200px)
1488983766147.jpg
768KB, 900x2200px
>2017
>not using the good and reliable Windows 10
>>
>>59823441
>Apparently the output device needs to be selected manually from sound settings, FAAAAk

this..
fuck me, when I need to select it everytime I connect my laptop to my TV
then I disconnect it and there's no sound coming from the laptop and I need to change it back, like really???
>>
>>59823441
That is what happens when you assume you know shit that you clearly don't.
Next time don't go to your presentation unprepared.
>>
>using Arch for anything critical

ARCH IS A HOBBYIST OS MEANT TO LIVE ON AN OLD COMPUTER AT HOME

DUMB FUCK
>>
File: 1464675416027.jpg (35KB, 481x641px) Image search: [Google]
1464675416027.jpg
35KB, 481x641px
>mac toddlers don't have ports
>freetards need hours to configure their ports
>windows just werks
>>
>>59823441
>not having a secondary Windows laptop for shit like this
What kind of subhuman fucking retard would use an Arch system primarily and then expect to use it for random projector hookups and shit?
>>
>>59830750

>just werks

The reason linux will never have more than 10% consumer marketshare.
>>
>>59825023
That's what you get for being a phone poster
>>
>>59823441
Ubuntu doesn't have this problem
>>
>use arch
>dont know how to fix shit
you're using the wrong linux senpai
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.