[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone tell me if it's possible to partition a drive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1486329021380.png (309KB, 696x860px) Image search: [Google]
1486329021380.png
309KB, 696x860px
Can someone tell me if it's possible to partition a drive in the Arch installation process so that I have one for the boot, one for data, one for swap, and then one that will act basically as just an external storage device that Windows will be able to read? I don't want 95% of my 1tb drive going to waste because I really need that extra space, and I would like to be able to use it in Windows as well. I remember having this exact setup when I installed BusenLabs 6 or so months ago but I only had two partitions, one for the OS and the rest was exfat I think.
>>
>>59820523
Yeah, it's possible
>>
>>59820523
Yup
>>
>>59820708
Ok thanks, I think I'll just do it through gparted on a live USB to make it less of a headache
>>
>>59820523
Totally possible, and quite easy.

I guess it's not on the Arch Wiki though, right, so basically impossible for you to figure out how to do, right?
>>
>>59820782
Can you teach me how to be a 1337 hacker like you and install Arch and use CLI without any help or online searching? No need to be a snarky jerk.
>>
>>59820523
Make all four partitions, format swap for swap, ext4 for both boot and arch, and fat/ntfs for the bridge one.

Ignore the boot partition and install arch normally to the arch partition

Once booted into your new arch install, copy vmlinuz-linux and initramfs-linux.img to boot, copy over grub.cfg and /boot/grub, run grub-install /dev/sda --compress=xz --target=i386-pc --recheck and figure it out from there.
>>
>>59820523
Don't install arch if you don't even know how to partition...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.