[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/uys, one question for all of you. Is BlackBerry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: original.png (115KB, 235x478px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
115KB, 235x478px
Hey /g/uys, one question for all of you.

Is BlackBerry officially dead?
>>
>>59819223
BlackBerry is a software company now, new phones are just TCL or something like that with BlackBerry branding. They've been dead to me since the switch to Android, but now they pretty much are dead.
>>
>>59819223
on life support, but we'll see how long that lasts

>>59819281
>implying the DTEK50 wasn't actually a great phone
>>
>>59820478
>no keyboard
>no BB10OS
It wasn't.
>>
>>59820701
bb10 a shit
>>
They are releasing one last inhouse phone with a physical keyboard, most likely the Priv 2.
>>
>>59821245
I switched to a flip from samsung. Hate phones. Paranoid enough. I'd love just a fucking physical keyboard to text, but looks like I can't find one anywhere. Looking at blackberrys. Pretty suspicious that the new ones are on android. Like the Priv? What are my options bros
>>
>>59821357
BB Passport or Classic. Cheaper? Q10.
>>
>>59821357
I'm pretty sure that BB10 had a shit ton of AOSP code integrated anyway as it could run Android apps.
>>
>>59821357
you know the CIA can still spy on your flip phone
>>
>>59821225
*is the shit
>>
>>59821382
Yes. But at least the only way they can advertise to you is via text and robo calls. "Smart" phones are inherently a fools paradise and over time a keen eye will notice them begin to clog up, slow down, and become nothing more than a spying device and ad venue. YOU are the product with these fucking parasites.

However, I do need to communicate with people and email is not sufficient. Out of necessity/convenience.
>>
/g/entoomen will get obsessed with modern blackberrys three years from now, calling them "The Thinkpad of Phones". For a short time BB10 will get a bunch of honebrew apps and patches, and after /g/ has finished jerking to four year older tech, they'll move on to whatever other gadgets they've missed while living under a technohipster rock.
>>
>>59821406
BB10 was great, best mobile OS I've used, and I've used most of them. Great hardware, I loved my Z10 and my Passport SE. Shame they couldn't get devs to make apps for it. By the end of BB10 it was almost unusable without sideloading Android apps, and even that was from a long dead version of Android. If I could run Nougat on a Passport SE I'd do it in a heartbeat.
>>
needs more bb10 instead of android
>>
>>59821447
>>59821476
>>59821479
If I'm shopping for blackberry, and I like to tinker with things, do I need to look for one that is specifically unlocked? Could you say, rip off the os and put something else on it?
>>
>>59821504
You're using whatever OS it comes with.
>>
>>59821245
It’s the KeyOne. Comes out next month
>>
I remember when my dad got himself that blackberry tablet, the playbook or whatever. He spent a whole year waiting for that fucking update to the newer version of BB that ended up not being released. It was pretty shitty and the android compatibility was terrible. Blackberry sucks so much dick I wonder why they still exist.
>>
>>59822673
>I have experience with exactly one product from a company
>the company is shit
>>
>>59822773
Exactly

One year is a hell of a long time to mess up
>>
>>59822780
You're a dumbass.
>>
>>59822830
I am sorry, Blackberry representative. I see no reason to buy a device from you after that fuckery when there's another 20 good ones out there.
>>
>>59822841
I'm not a BlackBerry rep, I'm merely calling you a retard for judging an entire company based on one product. The Playbook was a flop, every company has flops. Meanwhile their BB10OS phones are the best on the market.
>>
I fully expect the KeyOne to be a very big disappointment. It’s literally just for the keyboard.

why would you pay 600 bucks for a keyboard? I’d gladly accept half that to teach someone how to type (and enjoy it) in an actually good software keyboard.

This would serve a person much better into the future where Blackberry may have just gone bankrupt.
>>
>>59819223
They died when their best answer to the iPhone was the storm and then they decided to move backwards instead of forward for years until the move to Android and that was too little too late
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.