[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't drone mounted lasers used in terrorist attac

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1484031418335.png (709KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1484031418335.png
709KB, 1920x1200px
Why aren't drone mounted lasers used in terrorist attacks? You could buy the parts for $200, then use it to maim random people on the street. It seems much easier than suicide bombers, all they need to do is have an operative receive a package and assemble it, then someone else can control it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR7vwRC6SFE
>>
>>59819045
DELETE THIS
I don't wanna go blind because you sparked an idea on a camel fuckers head
>>
>>59819045
For the same reason that terrorists don't do other smart things (blow up infrastructure like bridges, instead of nightclubs) -- they really just want to kill people.

It's mostly because of the religion... to a True Muslim, life in the West is like being in a zombie movie or survival game. The Westerners are the zombies, and you want to kill as many as possible with anything available. Axes, guns, trucks, etc.

Hope this helps, anon.
>>
>>59819045
Why can't someone invent quieter servomotors?
It's the reason I avoid robotics
>>
>>59819045
>maim
You just answered your own question stupid
>>
>>59819152
Just tape some explosives to it then, they already do that in Syria.
>>
>>59819045
Because they're idiots.
>>
>>59819045
Explosives are more cost efficient.

And they do do this. Drone bombs are common to dislodge entrenched foes now.
>>
>>59819045
>Terror attack
You answered your own question fag. Bombs are scary, toy helicopters with laser pointers aren't.
>>
Popping balloons isn't exactly the same as maiming a person. People don't really sit perfectly still and quadrotors don't maintain perfectly level stable, especially with meat behind the controls. You'll tickle for a while before you singe a hair or two with your mounted laser pointer.

They're better off buzzing around busy airports and pissing off tower controllers. Except, they can totally pick those up on ground radar, and I'm pretty sure the guys they get to shoot at birds are totally cool with shooting down quadrotors.
>>
>>59819045
because lasers are really inefficient. They won,t use them because they're not effective at killing people
>>
You're missing the point. These guys don't see dying in the attack as a potential deterrent, they hype themselves into looking forward to it. Also maiming people isn't enough.

Blowing yourself up is a pretty good way of hurting lots of people 2bh, if you don't care about your own survival. Remember it's not just the actual bomb blast that kills people; if the camel fucker has some nasty diseases then his bone fragments and other tissue flying aroundm and penetrating people will infect those that "only" get hurt, which depending on the disease might be almost as bad as dying.
And now that they realized you can rack up a nice kill count by driving vehicles into large groups of people, without much need for planning, resources or the risk of getting raided beforehand, I don't think there's a need to play with drones.
>>
>>59822305
bombs... ON DRONES!!!!!!
I AM A FUCKING GENIUS
>>
>>59819045
Laser weapons like you see in scifi aren't a real thing. The closest we've got are experimental warship mounted ones the size of a truck that will cause blindness and burns but not instant vaporization.

Most drones don't have the lift capacity to carry any bomb bigger than a firecracker, and ones that do are very large and expensive.
>>
>>59819140
They exist. You're probably thinking of hobby servos that use DC motors and gears. More advanced ones are stepper motors with well made and lubricated bearings.
>>
>>59822708
You're actually wrong, there are plenty of sub $500 drones that can lift enough explosives or flammable liquid to cause damage.
Did the math a while back to see what drones could carry a mortar shell for memes. Shit is crazy
>>
>>59819045
Assuming you mean eye damage, the problem is just how phenomenally unlikely it is to keep direct targeting on an eye long enough to do permanent damage. You'd do far better with an infrared laser tucked behind your ear or even just pointers tied to lampposts.
It's also not a very effective terror attack as it would take several months to be diagnosed and would likely be blamed on horseplay or retail equipment malfunction sometime during that time.

>>59822753
Imagine if there was a $20 device that, using off-the-shelf technology, could precisely drop a mortar shell anywhere within a few blocks.
Oh, wait, there is.
It's called a "mortar".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.