[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw your work uses a proprietary language and framework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: toby_sad_sack.jpg (106KB, 874x664px) Image search: [Google]
toby_sad_sack.jpg
106KB, 874x664px
>tfw your work uses a proprietary language and framework

How the hell do I grow? How do I leave. My whole career is JUST
>>
On your own time? Damn that was hard.
>>
>>59817829
>He does it for free
>>
>>59817875
>he doesn't improve himself in his spare time
i guess your hobbies include binge watching Netflix, catching up with your gal pals, and complaining about wage inequality
>>
>>59818072
Ease up with the judgement my dude I'm trying just as hard as you. It's just that my company is fucking itself over with this stuff. Not just me. They keep having to reinvent the wheel because they have to be special snowflakes. They haven't even introduced unit testing yet. How does one flourish in that environment?
>>
>>59820010
I have a buddy that changes jobs every time he wants to learn a new language.

He literally goes to the interview with jorts, sandals, whatever.

While in the interview he just says that he really wants to learn whatever technologies they are using.

The last time he did this he had 5 different companies making him offers.
>>
>>59817743
1. grow balls
2. find new job
3. quit current job

make sure not to fuck that order up, it's important.
>>
>>59817743
Don't be a fucking idiot.

I work in silicon valley (infrastructure engineer) and no one cares what language you know, just that you are good at what you know, learning a new language is easy as fuck.
>>
>>59820689
san francisco as fuck
>>
>>59820735
You are correct, though we used to work together in Redwood city (I work in San Jose now and he works in San Francisco).
>>
>>59817743
DESU that looks good on a resume.

> Put up with shitty proprietary framework with shit tier documentation for years

As long as you have experience in other common areas you'll be fine. But yeah get the fuck out of there.
>>
>>59818072
Seriously this, if you are working in IT all the shit you heard about needing to keep up to speed in your own time only counts if you actually want to be good at IT and progress in your career, otherwise just be a lazy prick
>>
>>59820847
Literally every career, doctors and lawyers are required to spend an amount of time on personal development to keep their licence/certificate, you should be doing this if you don't want to be left behind
>>
>>59820847
I know a lot of shitty desktop support, low level sysadmins that do no career development in their free time, all the very technically advanced people (who make 50% more on average) spend a lot of time on professional growth.
>>
>>59821386
they're not expected to operate on patients in their spare time

but everyone should at least be reading industry news and shit like that
>>
>>59823340
Not many doctors regularly operate on patients at all, many surgeons do work on their dexterity and a couple of common techniques like suturing in their down time tho, and every doctor I know reads medical journals in their spare time
Nothing stopping you reading about algorithms in your spare time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.