[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which fork of firefox should I use and why should I use it? Shoulld

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: the_wobbly.png (17KB, 280x277px) Image search: [Google]
the_wobbly.png
17KB, 280x277px
Which fork of firefox should I use and why should I use it?
Shoulld I just stick to vanilla firefox?
>no chrome or microsoft allowed
>>
Waterfox, it's build with -O3 and the additional sets of instructions on the latest-generation CPUs in mind.
>>
Firefox. The other things are placebo bullshit
>>
Seconding Waterfox.
It even runs smoothly on underpowered UMPCs
>>
>>59813562
this tbqh famas
>>
>>59813545
>>59813584
>32-bit Firefox outperformed 64-bit Waterfox in Peacekeeper browser benchmark tests run by TechRepublic in 2012,[4] and 64-bit Waterfox slightly outperformed 32-bit Firefox in tests run by Softpedia in 2014.[5] However, in 2016 64-bit Waterfox performed worse than 64-bit Mozilla Firefox in the Kraken, SunSpider, JetStream, and Octane 2.0 benchmarks.[6] Benchmarks were once available on the developers website but have since been removed.[7]

Waterfags in suicide watch
>>
>>59813612
No one cares about performance. Retard.
>>
File: firefox.png (57KB, 653x327px) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
57KB, 653x327px
>>59813485
64bit beta.
>>
>>59813485
stock firefox. basic tweaks if you must but screwing with browsers is what I do when I don't have anything more important going on.
>>
>>59813738
why this
>>
>>59813545
what happens if i dont have a new processor poop nose!
>>
>>59813769
same
>>
>>59813914
Originally I went with the beta because it updates more often.
I "upgraded" to 64bit because I often have a lot of tabs open (mostly youtube with music) which ate up memory and caused firefox to lag.
>>
>>59813967
I will try this, seems like a good idea
>>
>>59813485
Waterfox is good.
>>
File: 1491759504251.png (376KB, 2058x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1491759504251.png
376KB, 2058x1404px
>>59813485
FireFox until v57 gets stable. Then switch to SeaMonkey.
>>
>>59813710
This. People who care about performance don't use firecucks.
>>
>>59814067
>performance
>web browsers
I don't see how the two correlate in any meaningful way.
>>
Firefox Nightly because it's THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>59814139
*crashes*
>>
File: telemetry+botnet.png (285KB, 1062x730px) Image search: [Google]
telemetry+botnet.png
285KB, 1062x730px
>>59814139
>>
File: about:support.png (227KB, 1362x763px) Image search: [Google]
about:support.png
227KB, 1362x763px
>>59814571
:^)
>>
>>59814668
Nice! Don't forget to remove cancerous extensions.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/FlyWeb
>>
>>59814717
I already set it to wipe everything in firefox/browser/features/
>>
>>59814668
>>59814717

Why don't one of you post a step-by-step way to completely denude Firefox Nightly of its telemetry. Also, does Nightly include google's safebrowsing crap? That needs to be gutted as well.
>>
>>59815077
There's no need to make a post about it when you can use a search engine to find it yourself if interested
>>
>>59814668
How did you disable all the nightly features? Pocket, for example. I even set the pocket.enabled value to false in about:config, but it's still listed there. Does that mean it's still active or something?
>>
>>59815346
see >>59814734
>>
Only main.

It's amazing really, how nobody can make one faster than stock FF. Waterfox is allegedly super optimized for speed, even with 64 bit only get always loses in benchmarks. Even some forks which just use stock FF and delete two or three functionalities end up being slower lel
>>
>>59815448
Ah, thanks. I disabled them too. Didn't wipe them though, just renamed their file extension. In case something breaks I'll be able to turn them back on. I actually did a quick search and found very little info about them.
God, the level of privacy-related paranoia browsing /g/ has given me is uncanny. Not that I'm complaining.
>>
>>59814668
where is that in about:? ?
>>
>>59816816
filename
>>
Pale Moon, or at the very least, Firefox ESR. Vanilla will be even more garbage shortly, and should be avoided at all costs.
>>
>>59813612
Wait

Mfw wut about the tests in 2000 or even 1996?
>>
>>59813769
You mean like 'life'?
>>
GNU icecat is good
Also good for librefags
>>
>>59815267
>There's no need to make a post about it when you can use a search engine to find it yourself

That's not the reason no one ever posts a step-by-step on how to remove all telemetry functionality from Firefox Nightly. The real reason is because you can't remove all telemetry functionality from Firefox Nightly.
>>
latest mozilla-central won't install external addons even with xpinstall.signatures.required set to false
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.